Author Topic: LS-WV4.0TL/R1 lost access to drives  (Read 2290 times)

gwwallace

• Calf
LS-WV4.0TL/R1 lost access to drives
« on: April 16, 2011, 11:25:17 PM »

I have a LS-WV4.0TL/R1 - in the middle of playing a movie stored on the unit on another computer, the unit stopped responding - couldnt access it over the network. After power cycling the unit, it now says 'Storage: Not Available'

Now what ?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: LS-WV4.0TL/R1 lost access to drives
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:10:55 AM »

What does the Nas Navigator say for the status of the unit? Are you able to access the web interface? Are there any blinking LED's on the front? And if there are lights flashing on the front, what is the pattern? 

Zucca

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »

I have the same problem with a LS-W4.0TL/R1 Storage.

Randomly, it lost connection to the network. I can't acess through any method, like Nas Navigator, web interface or windows. I know that aren't  any problems in the network because I can see the storage on the LAN client list of my router. To get worse, the storage doesn't respond when I try to shut down. It remains only with the blue LED light not blinking, as if was everything okay.

I've just upgraded its firmware today to the lastest version (1.41) and the problem continues. Usually in 30 minutes it lost conection with the network. The only way to restore the connection is pulling the power cable and powering on again.

edit: the reset method with function button doesn't work too.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 01:55:10 PM »

What is the switch on the back set to? 

Zucca

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 08:58:52 AM »

When I try to turn it off, it's switched to off, of course. But no response from the storage when I lost access.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »

Zucca wrote:

I have the same problem with a LS-W4.0TL/R1 Storage.

Randomly, it lost connection to the network. I can't acess through any method, like Nas Navigator, web interface or windows. I know that aren't  any problems in the network because I can see the storage on the LAN client list of my router. To get worse, the storage doesn't respond when I try to shut down. It remains only with the blue LED light not blinking, as if was everything okay.

I've just upgraded its firmware today to the lastest version (1.41) and the problem continues. Usually in 30 minutes it lost conection with the network. The only way to restore the connection is pulling the power cable and powering on again.

edit: the reset method with function button doesn't work too.

And if you test it on a direct connection (NAS => PC) does the same thing happen?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

gwwallace

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 02:12:27 PM »

The unit is still responds to NAS Navigator for basic stuff, likewise the Web Interface - but if you attempt to access the mount points it'll fail. The web interface reports that storage is not available.

There is only the power light on the front, the function and info/store lights are dark.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 02:36:01 PM »

and you did this on a direct connection? Walk me through how you set it up.

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

gwwallace

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 09:22:13 AM »

No - it is still connected on the network. All the network functions work fine, UNTIL you try and get data from the drives. Then you are toast.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 09:53:33 AM »
So then you have to............ that's right, you guessed it............... test it on a direct connection!!!!

gwwallace

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 11:20:27 AM »

Why would i have to test on a direct connection if the web admin is telling me the storage system is unavailable ?