Author Topic: DESPERATELY NEEED A BUFFALO MINISTATION LITE HD-PF250U2 TURBOUSB DRIVER!!  (Read 3319 times)

metaflix

• Calf

i dont kno whos smart idea was to put in the serial number but now thnks to tht, i am unable to download my driver cause part of the serial number is missing(due to natural deterioration of course)....plzzz just give me the driver for the so i can get back my files....

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

the drivers are generic pre built into the operating system. If windows says its missing the driver then try a different computer, if the same thing occurs then you will need to refer to your backup to access any data.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

metaflix

• Calf

Look, my frend had plugged the hard drive into a usb port extension and nt directly into the computer and it started making a sound. soo now wen i plug it in to the computer, it is recognized as an unknown device... and wat are u referring to wen u say my back???

(back = backup, admin edit)

Dustrega

• Big Bull

I think he means you'll need to refer to your backup.  Also, the TurboUSB is a program that helps the external increase it's speed not act as a driver for basic interface.  What davo says is correct, have you tried this device on another PC?

metaflix

• Calf

yes i hav tried it on another PC. the same thing happened. i plug it in, hard drive disk starts spinning but its detected as an unknown device. isnt there like an installation cd or something? And i dont have a backup because thts wat the external hdd was 4: to back up.....

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

metaflix wrote:

yes i hav tried it on another PC. the same thing happened. i plug it in, hard drive disk starts spinning but its detected as an unknown device. isnt there like an installation cd or something? And i dont have a backup because thts wat the external hdd was 4: to back up.....

Please explain to me how it is a "backup" if all the data is kept on one single device? And please dont say "i didnt expect it to fail" because thats no excuse.

If data is soooo important that you can't afford to loss it then a backup (go google it to see what a backup actually is) should be kept on at least more than one device.

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

metaflix

• Calf

look the data can be gotten back, its the hard drive tht i need really. is there anyway of fixing my problem. Soo instead of lecturing me, show me a way to fix my problem....

Dustrega

• Big Bull

Yes, there's an installation CD but it does not contain drivers.  If the USB device is showing up as not recognized on multiple computers then one of two things are happening:

1. The USB to HDD control board is dead (hence the device not being able to signal to the OS what kind of storage device it is, capacity, etc.)
  2. The HDD internally is dead

Finally, the context that you were using for backup was that your data was stored in one location.  That's not backup, that's a source.  We don't offer instructions on disassembling these devices per our forum guidelines.  These are not lectures, they are responses to your asking for help.  Don't get upset at us because we don't have the end all be all solution, please.

metaflix

• Calf

thank u for ur support. unlike davo u were not pompous with your response. i do not keep all my files on the device, just the ones i dont necessarily use often....when i format my computer i backup the files on the device and then put them back on the comp.....hence i think u cud call it a backup device...to keep the files wen the computer is formatted/crashed....

metaflix

• Calf

Would it be possible to get it fixed at a tech repair store or something like tht...

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

for the cost of the unit it probably would not be worth it. Take it to them and see what they charge you.