Author Topic: Linkstation mini blinking continuously after turn off of all network computers  (Read 4828 times)

tseidel

• Calf

While having my linkstation Mini in Auto mode it was running fine for three month now, turned on an off when it had to. Yesterday I turned off all my network computers and probably since then it is blinking blue with the linkstation logo. Putting the button in On or Off position doesn't change anything, it just keeps on blinking.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this? I would greatly appreciate any help. Formatting is not a choice since there are many pictures exclusively on this device.

Thanks in advance, tom

P.S.

I am using it exclusively as a network storage, not through internet access and not for multi media purposes. Its running in RAID1 for safety reasons.

Jason

• El Toro

Move the switch to the off position, then hold the function button while flipping the switch back to on .

When you see the blue function light turn on, let go.

Wait five seconds, then press the button in again for five seconds, and then let go.

Wait for the blue light to go solid or go away entirely.

You should then be able to discover it.

Gemstorm

• Calf

Hi,

I'm having the same problem but your solution doesn't work for me I'm afraid. Currently the blue LED is flashing, the LinkStation name is flashing blue and the green LED is solid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gemstorm

Jotin

• Big Bull

Can you see the unit with the nas navigator?

Gemstorm

• Calf

No. I can't see it through NAS Navigator. It attempts to find it but nothing comes up. I can't see it on my network or ping it.

Gemstorm

• Calf

Hi,

Are there any moderators available to look at this query? I need to get data off the drive ASAP.

I'd really appreciate some assistance...

Gemstorm.

Gemstorm

• Calf

I have to express my complete and utter frustration with Buffalo products and support. The underlying thread of all entries on this forum is faulty products and poor support. LinkStations, TeraStations, whatever, all failing without notice resulting in lost data. The secondary thread is that a lot of users on this forum are having similar issues - units never worked properly from the get go.... units failed without notice or explanation and invariably there's mass confusion over warranties.

This exasperation is further compounded by this useless forum where easy questions are answered and difficult questions are fobbed off. Absolutely stupid questions like "where is the power on button on a LinkStation Mini" get prompt replies from moderators/support staff where as my question (and lots like it) has been ignored for the last 2 days. The moderators should be supporting people who have real issues and telling the others to RTFM (read the F&%ing Manual).

I won't be buying any Buffalo products again and I'll be going forward in my role as an IT Consultant to advise ALL of my clients to stay away from equipment that fundamentally cannot be relied upon.

texaszman

• Calf

I AGREE 100%!  I OWN EXACTLY 1 BUFFALO PRODUCT - MY LAST.  

PCPiranha

• Big Bull

"Are there any moderators available to look at this query? I need to get data off the drive ASAP.

I'd really appreciate some assistance..."

If the unit is not showing up in the NASNAVI and your firewalls are disabled then most likely the unit itself isn't booting.

First try booting the unit into EM mode:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-1-of-5-EM-Mode-boot-procedures-please-read-this/td-p/11008

If it boots into EM mode then try the force update procedure:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-2-of-5-Force-Firmware-update-procedure-please-read-this/td-p/11011

If it doesn't boot into EM mode try the TFTP procedure:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-3-of-5-TFTP-boot-procedure-please-read-this/td-p/11015

PCPiranha

• Big Bull

"I have to express my complete and utter frustration with Buffalo products and support. The underlying thread of all entries on this forum is faulty products and poor support. LinkStations, TeraStations, whatever, all failing without notice resulting in lost data. The secondary thread is that a lot of users on this forum are having similar issues - units never worked properly from the get go.... units failed without notice or explanation and invariably there's mass confusion over warranties."

I understand your frustration and it is comnpletely unacceptable that we have let your question go unanswered for so long.  Sometimes threads get lost, especially if they already have several replies as I tend to assume someone else is already answering the question.  However, keep in mind that this is a technical support forum so you are not going to hear much from people who has everything working fine.

"The moderators should be supporting people who have real issues and telling the others to RTFM (read the F&%ing Manual)."

As much as many of the mods on the forum might like to its bad buisness practice.  We cater to a wide variety of people with varying technical backgrounds so many of the questions that are asked may appear simple to you, but they aren't to everyone else.  We try to treat all cases equally.  Also if you see more difficult questions not being answered as promptly it is probably because the question is more difficult and may require testing and/or research.

I hope this clears things up and I apologize for the delay.

fknandrew

• Calf

Same problem here.   The solutions suggest to shut down the  unit first.  How do I do this as my problem in the first place is that it won't shut down. It just keeps blinking.