Author Topic: LS-CHL - System time not saved  (Read 3878 times)

jacksp

• Calf
LS-CHL - System time not saved
« on: March 27, 2009, 07:07:56 AM »

Ist this issue still open?. I have checked same problem as already posted by "matthestar" in the past:

I have the LS-CHL 1TB, 1.02. I am using the NTP server to set the time, which works great. However if you power down the device and switch off the power supply,you have to manually reset the time when you power on again. If the NTP server is set then surely it should synchronise the time upon power up?

However I already using firmware 1.07, but issue is still existing.

Could you advice some solution -

Tx for your support

kevin

• El Toro
Re: LS-CHL - System time not saved
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 04:52:59 PM »
Try initializing the unit through the web interface (Maintenance> Initialization> Restore to Defaults) then try setting up the time again.

jacksp

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 06:31:27 AM »

I did as you suggested - but after 2 h power supply off - time was not automatically sync. with NTP as I switched power on.

I also noticed that LS was automatically shutdown immediately so I had to start LS again - and as I checked that time was set back to defaults (e.g. 2007/11.., 00:00..) (hint: power management (awake/sleep) is activated.

If I make LS Web Admin and apply Date+Time in folder "Basic" NTP is working proberly - but as mentioned not working if power supply is off for certain time.

So would be good to find solution, because if power supply is off and on afterwards, disc backup etc. is not working well.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »
What's your GMT set at? The GMT is not updated via NTP.

jacksp

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 11:50:30 PM »

Date and Time setup:

Time Zone = GMT +01:00

NTP settings:

NTP Server = Enable

NTP Server Address = Use default NTP server (ntp.jst.mfeed.ad.jp)

NTP Sync. Frequency = Once a day

matthestar

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »
   Yes I can confirm I still have this problem, nothing has changed since the new firmwares. The only way round it I have found is to set the auto update to the minimum 3 hours, then at least after the LS has been on for 3 hours it sorts itself out. It is obviously a bug that needs to be fixed, the time should synchronise with NTP upon bootup, just like pretty much any network enabled device does!

jacksp

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 10:20:11 AM »

You are right concerning auto option every 3 h.

But the problem is, if you will save any file before first time auto update will run - file will get wrong date and time stamp e.g. 2007/11.... which will then later on not considered anymore in the planned differential backup.

So there is some risk if you use LS for office works where daily backup has to be excecuted properly.

jacksp

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 07:09:19 AM »
   Any news concerning this issue?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »
We have no updates available at this time. I will ask my superiors regarding this issue and post back what I find.

timlb

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 02:47:57 AM »
   Has there been any further news on this, please? I'm another LS-CHL user with this problem. I don't want to leave the system powered-up all the time. So each time I start it up I have to remember to set the time. And of course, I forget!

matthestar

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 09:16:28 AM »
   It didn't even cross my mind that that would affect incremental backups, in which case this quite a major bug! Along with the BitTorrent security flaw...