Author Topic: Problem w/ WBMR-G54  (Read 5852 times)

Matty128

• Calf
Problem w/ WBMR-G54
« on: December 26, 2008, 01:57:32 PM »

I apoligise in advance as I am a bit of a noob when it comes to internet hardware.

Yesterday I got my new G54 router to replace my BT Homehub which had been causing me problems.

I set it all up and tried to connect it with ethernet (as the manual recommended). When I plugged it in the router and my computer it said in the corner of my desktop "LAN connection unplugged" or something along those lines. I don't know what that means and the manual didn't help me at all. There was no support or drivers on the disk that came with the router.

So I decided to try connecting with my WLI-U2-KG54l USB dongle. I stuck it in along with the disk that came with it (I noticed the software was identical to the software from the disk that came with the router). Tried to install the drivers.  It recognised what it was, it seemed fine until at the end it said thedriver install failed, please reinstall. I've tried reinstalling about 10 times now with no luck.

Wether you can help me with connecting with ethernet or USB, any help will go much appreciated. All I wanna do is play Counter Strike for christmas. Thanks guys

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Problem w/ WBMR-G54
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »

For the router are you running DHCP (cable) or PPPOE (some DSL ISP). 

As for the USB download the  latest drivers for this  product at buffalotech.com 

Matty128

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:30:47 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm running PPPOE.

I'm not to sure how to set this all up via ethernet (something involving typing in a certain IP in the adress bar of your browser?) I'm really not great at this kind of thing, hell if it wasn't for the disk-based install with BT I could never have got connected to the internet at all.

And I shall not bother with getting a wireless connection until the wired one is all sorted.

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 01:40:37 PM »
In the web browser enter 192.168.11.1 to log into the routers config page

Matty128

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 07:38:39 AM »

I typed that in to the browser, it asked me for a user and password so I put in "admin" for both. Got to the setup, followed the instructions, did what was needed. At the end it saved the settings and restarted as it should, but alas, no connection. I've tried factory reseting the router and retrying countless times with no luck. I can only get access to the setup page.

Any suggestions?

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 12:39:10 PM »

Try admin and leave password blank, by default the password is empty.