Author Topic: LS-CHL vs iPhone  (Read 47034 times)

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: LS-CHL vs iPhone
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2009, 03:26:42 PM »
Port triggering may be messing things up. It's a long shot, but try removing the port triggering entry, and leaving the port forwarding.

freakthemighty

• Calf
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 03:43:56 AM »

already tried that yesterday (as i saw it).

but again no success. "....not access to this share"

the iphone is logged in to the linkstation, but is not allowed to see/copy/play etc. things.

i think it is not the router, because it worked before with the same options.

and the iphone is through the router and on the linkstation (on the right top it says: user: xxxx), but has no authentificated access.

what are your technicians do think about it?

and do you heard about the same problems with the 1tb linkstation live bittorrent, too? cause i wanted to buy this device for iphone, timemachine and itunes (server that appears in itunes).

freakthemighty

gerlo

• Calf
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 08:39:07 AM »

My details :

- iphone 3g firmware 2.2.1 (dutch)

- browser safari mobile 

- Linkstation model number LS-CHL500 , F/W 1.06

Settings : web access - service setup

- web access service - enable

- https/ssl encryption - enable

- use buffalo nas - enable

- auto-configure firewall (upnp) - disable

- external port - 443

Settings : web access - folders setup

- web access settings - use inherited Folder Permissions

Settings : shared folders - service setup

- AppleTalk Protocol - enable

- FTP Server - disable

- NAS Navigator Detection - Allow

Settings : shared folders - shared folders setup

- volume - disk1

- shared folder support - windows, apple

- shared folder attributes - read/write

- recycle bin - disable

- access restrictions - enable , logged in user selected under Read/Write

With these settings i get 'User is not allowed access to this share', even when used in my local network. So the router settings are not relevant . 

If you want any other detail, please let me know...

Message Edited by gerlo on 02-26-2009 03:41 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »

freakthemighty, we're still collecting information, and we're not quite sure what's causing the "...access to the share" issue. We're fairly certain that the mp3 playback issue with ssl enabled is the iphone's fault, as a few techs have the iphone and have had problems with https sites in general. We've seen the issues on LS-CHL, LS-WSGL, and LS-WTGL/R1, but as I've noted previously, it doesn't seem to be an all-encompassing problem, since I wasn't able to recreate the issue with our in-house devices.

gerlo, thanks for your information

Message Edited by Colin137 on 02-26-2009 10:18 AM

freakthemighty

• Calf
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 01:29:38 PM »

so what settings do you have in your in-house device?

maybe we can compare them.

freakthemighty

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2009, 02:05:17 PM »

Our back lab does not have internet access, so we have them set up with Use Buffalonas.com disabled... this shouldn't matter, though, since all buffalonas.com does is redirect to the ip address and port number. I've tried all the combinations of settings.

That gives me an idea though... after setting up web access, connect the iphone to the local wireless network, then try accessing http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000/ (if you're using ssl, change that to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000/ ) where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the local ip address of the Linkstation. I really doubt this will make a difference, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

peternie

• Calf
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2009, 02:44:26 PM »

Hi Colin,

you are right, this makes no difference. Either buffalonas or direct link to the WAN-adress will replace the ip-address in the safari to the local address if iphone is in the same LAN, therefore manually entering the ip-adress same the same result (in my environment)

Peter 

freakthemighty

• Calf
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »

that`s right.

i always try it in two ways.

over the wlan at home, where the router gives me an ip (dhcp) like 192.....

and over vodafone (cellphone provider) where  vodafone gives me the real ip of my internet connection at home

which is pushed through by buffalonas.com.

i don`t think that it has nothing to do with the internet connection, because this is the only difference

and you tried the rest in your lab. even if this is not logic....it is the only difference and point which we should not let out of mind.

maybe it`s some kind of authentification method that is different if you connect the iphone over the internet or

over the intranet. i mean every provider (i think) uses own methods to secure their customers.

and in one way the iphone is connected to the linkstation, the linkstation just does not accept the user as a read/write user.

...but this is only a thought (of a none technician)!!!!!

i just bought a linkstation live (bittorrent). in the facts they are talking about perfect iphone connection over buffalonas.com.

on next wednesday i will tell you whether this linkstation is working with the iphone or not.

and if it works, we know that it is not the buffalonas.com webaccess, but the firmware.

step by step

oddlife

• Calf
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2009, 02:49:05 AM »
   I'm having the same "User is not allowed access to this share" in my iPhone 3g.  I have the LinkStation Live™ LS-CHL with the new and "awesome" 1.07.065 firmware.  Can some engineer please fix this problem and post an update to the firmware soon?  Geez, I paid over $200 for this thing, I would like all of the features to work.  I don't think that is too much to ask.

gerlo

• Calf
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2009, 04:07:48 AM »
   @freakthemighty : Do you suggest that your local wlan setup does work correctly ? For me it's the same problem, either via wlan or internet (also vodafone). maybe that's a difference between the PRO DUO and the LS-CHL.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2009, 10:39:07 AM »
oddlife, if you just updated to 1.07, try resetting the device to defaults from Maintenance->Initialization, Restore.

freakthemighty

• Calf
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2009, 01:45:03 PM »
   no, i don't get a connection

oddlife

• Calf
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »
   I just restored it and went through the whole process of setting it up again. But alas my iPhone is still having the same problem. I checked the firmware version after restoring and it says it is still 1.07. So my guess is restoring to factory doesn't get rid of the new firmware but only resets everything in the options, which is not a really a restore at all. Is there any chance of a fix soon, or can you direct me to a place to download the older firmware? It is kind of lame to have to install older firmware, but everything was working fine before I upgraded.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2009, 06:52:48 PM »
Which firmware version was working for you, oddlife?

oddlife

• Calf
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2009, 01:14:13 AM »
   I'm not too sure now since I didn't write the previous version down.  I just bought the drive like a week ago so whatever version was shipped with it.