Author Topic: LS-WX2.0TL/R1 Folder sharing question  (Read 2851 times)

arctic

• Calf
LS-WX2.0TL/R1 Folder sharing question
« on: December 04, 2013, 04:48:36 PM »
Hello

Let me explain the situation

I want to map my "Share" folder to a network drive but only with read permissions ( I have found how to do this)
But also at the same time have ftp acces with "write/read permisson" on the same folder...

It seems if I enable "Share folder attributes to read/write"  it applies it to my network drive and ftp...
If i grant user permisson with ftp it works but then they can still write on the network drive :(

I tried to make a new folder in the linkstation but with only read support but then the folder is empty and doesn't use the "share" folder data....

This is really frustrating

I want to grant my familiy acces to the network drive but with "read-only" permission and on the same time in the same "share" folder upload stuff with ftp....

So in a nutshell

• "Share" folder "read-only" as network drive
    "Share" folder "write-read" as ftp server so I can upload stuff for them but not allow them to delete or write stuff in the "share" folder as network drive

I hope this is possible because I have been searching for a few hours now how to make this work...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:13:38 PM by arctic »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-WX2.0TL/R1 Folder sharing question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 08:04:34 AM »
So, i think from what you are saying, you want 1 user to have read-only as a network drive but read/write via FTP?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

arctic

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 01:10:34 PM »
So, i think from what you are saying, you want 1 user to have read-only as a network drive but read/write via FTP?

Indeed that's what I want ! :)

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »
Not possible using one user I'm afraid.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!