Author Topic: Cannot Disk Check LinkStation LS-XHL (Firmware version 1.24)  (Read 2411 times)

catch22

• Calf
Cannot Disk Check LinkStation LS-XHL (Firmware version 1.24)
« on: February 21, 2010, 05:06:39 AM »

Hi,

Hopefully someone can give me some pointers with this.

When I log onto the web config for my LinkStation LS-XHL, the 'Storage' label reads 'Not Available' and the 'Volumes' label has nothing next to it. The 'Shared Folders' label reads correctly. I thought this could be a partitioning problem, after reading other posts, as I have recently used an external USB drive and a Printer. But the 'Disk Check' feature is unavailable for that drive when I go to the System/Storage screen.

Can anyone advise on what steps I need to take to get this information to be displayed correctly and for me to be able to run a Disk Check?

Many thanks

Niall

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Cannot Disk Check LinkStation LS-XHL (Firmware version 1.24)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:38:42 AM »

Try the 2nd FAQ "force firmware".

catch22

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 02:47:53 PM »

Thank you

Slight problem now in that the updated said it lost contact with my unit shortly after the writing of the firmware had finished. After trying the process repeatedly the message 'ACP_STATE_FAILURE' started to appear. So I tried to power down the unit to start over again and now it starts to boot up and then just turns off and resets itself. The unit is only a month and a half old, and from reading the suggested post it seems that the 'ACP_STATE_FAILURE' error is an indication of something being wrong with the hardware. Can I recover the unit or do you suggest getting in touch with my local support office / returning to the place I bought it.

Thanks again

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 04:09:57 AM »

I would definately exchange the unit.  The boot partition is full or you're having motherboards porblems.

catch22

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 06:54:05 AM »

Many thanks, I have contacted the retailer and they will accept the return.

Thank you again for your advice.