Author Topic: Need to reset password on old Buffalo NAS drive LS-WTGL/R1 GLS-W2.0TGL/RI-US  (Read 177 times)

silver_mica

• Calf
Can't access My old Buffalo NAS drive (LS-WTGL/R1  GLS-W2.0TGL/RI-US  LinkStation Pro Duo) using Windows 10.   It keeps asking for a name and password (in file Explorer).  Need to find way to reset password.

EDIT: 

Actually, it appears I have *sort of* accessed the drive with a web browser - after first opening NAS navigator 2 - an application installed on Windows 10.  I used the following credentials in NAS navigator 2 
Name: admin
Password: password

However, I STILL cannot simply access this NAS drive using Explorer.   I was able to do so last year.  I haven't changed anything.

SMB version 1  is turned on - Windows rebooted (many times)

My Apple Mac can connect to this drive (logged in as guest - no password).  My Mac can view files, download files, and store files to this NAS.  The problem seems to be with the Windows 10 Machine.  And, like I said, this was working one year ago - nothing should have changed.

When attempting to access the Buffalo NAS drive using Windows I get these messages:

\\LS-WTG Not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.  A device attached to the system is not functioning. 

EDIT 2

Okay, it's working! In Windows 10 when prompted for a password (Explorer) type in "guest" and leave the password area blank.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 05:21:53 PM by silver_mica »