Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH WPA/WPA2 Encyption issues  (Read 3741 times)

ScottyUSN

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH WPA/WPA2 Encyption issues
« on: May 09, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »

Any attempt to run my network on a WPA type authentication results in frequent (3-6 times per hour) noticed disconnects on the wireless side.

Switching to WEP 128 fixes this.

Not a huge issue for me, just trying to find out if it's the router, the client, or the operator ;)

madmook

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH WPA/WPA2 Encyption issues
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »
   I had mine set up with WPA2-PSK AES just fine. Maybe its the "mixed" types that cause a problem?

ScottyUSN

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 09:36:30 PM »

It appears the break in connection is occuring on the frequency of the router/client authentication (laptop). My Buffalo Airstation bridge that conneced via AOSS does not appear to suffer this issue. So it is connected WPA while my other wireless devices Linksys Router reconfiger to be a repeater and mt alptop are connecting WEP to avoid frustration.

Now if only there was admin capability to turn off the internet at set time to my teens MAC address (Like my old Linksys had). That I will miss if the firmware is not updated. Or I have to flash to an alternate interface firmware.

corcoran

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 04:56:52 AM »
   I had similar issues - you can set the key interval time right up to 1440 minutes I think - this by and large takes care of it - you may also want to 'fix' the channel at 11 -- i had some issues getting my PS3 talking nicely with the box :)