Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH Wireless Bridging  (Read 1923 times)

Whizawk

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH Wireless Bridging
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:16:54 PM »

I have recently received a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH as a Christmas present for the sole purpose of providing an access point in my bedroom, so that I don't have to go through the solid walls with many ethernet cables into my devices.

- As previously stated it's a WZR-HP-G300NH

- I'm not completely sure what firmware it's currently running as I am not a tech savvy person.

- My ISP is a company called Virgin, they are an internet service and package provider within the UK (I live in UK) and they have given me a SuperHub with a 70mbps speed link.

What I am trying to do is bridge the connection using wireless from my SuperHub downstairs, to the Buffalo unit upstairs in my room so I can then run ethernet connections from the unit to my devices. The reason I am doing this is because the devices in my bedroom cannot receive the full 70mbps wirelessly from the Hub downstairs. An example would be my PS3 which can only receive 15mbps out of 70mbps and my laptop can only receive half of the full link speed (32mbps). Primarily because of the network cards inside both are barely escaping the 'B band'.

The reason I have come to the forums is because I'm not really a tech savvy person and I don't know how to tell the Buffalo unit to scan/look for the broadcasting SuperHub downstairs. I have looked at the manual but it's too complicated for someone of my limited knowledge.

Can anyone help me with this?

buddee

• Big Bull
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH Wireless Bridging
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 09:03:54 PM »

Yes but the only problem here is that you will have to know some things about the router, whether its using dd-wrt is the main thing, without it, you will not be able to link to any other access point.

Whizawk

• Calf
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH Wireless Bridging
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 09:25:13 PM »

I have found out the problem and have to take the AirStation back to the shop.