Author Topic: Continuous blue flashing led ls-xhl  (Read 6622 times)

gmw

• Calf
Re: Continuous blue flashing led ls-xhl
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 09:52:38 AM »

Is it possible to manually partition the disk and install firmware, (eg under linux) and then connect back to LS-XHL as a working system. I would need to know the partition and format info and how to install the firmware into the "/boot" partition. Does anyone know if this is possible?

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 10:11:24 AM »

There is no way to manually set a partition on the device, the partition set up is decided via the firmware upon load/write.  As for the 6 red flashes, if you press and hold the function button for 2 seconds does it continue to flash blue per previous posts?  After the blocks become served try running the forced FW while the TFTP is still active, this has been proven to help in some instances.

scruffymonkey

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 10:21:47 AM »

We are having the exact same problem - now have a completely blank disk and it just won't connect / stop flashing blue.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 03:46:41 PM »

Posting in another thread doesn't change the response chief.

secaboy

• Calf
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 09:18:16 PM »

i have the exact same problem how ever Nas Navigator rekonises that there is a drive there, but still a flashing blue light. Please help a newbie to NAS

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 12:54:21 PM »

Have you tried the suggestions mentioned previously in this thread?

stuey

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 05:51:12 AM »

Downloaded the 1.33 as basically the bit torrent in 1.31 was not workin and the unit very slow.

Downloaded  the updater

Disabled the firewall on the laptop

ran the updater it found my LS-CHL V2 and reminded me to disable the firewall

Updater ran sucessfully and told me to wait.

Still waiting....

Left the laptop and nas "as is" over night and went and checked the nas it was flashing a blue light on the top  no other error codes

Powered down the NAS and Powered up  ( this was 8 hours after the upgrade BTW) and still quick flashing blue light.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what to do next, I have read threads about EM mode and will try that later

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »

I would have suggested an EM boot attempt since the firmware didn't take.  I would also check and make sure you don't have any countermeasure software (firewall, anti-virus, etc.) running stealth in the background.  Usually, that's the cause for firmware update failure.