Author Topic: TeraStation 1TB checking raid array over and over  (Read 2746 times)

chrisedavis

• Calf
TeraStation 1TB checking raid array over and over
« on: January 11, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »
   My TeraStation keeps checking the raid array over and over. Climbs to 100% and then starts all over again taking several hours each time. I've seen no errors reported. Can anyone advise?

kevin

• El Toro
Re: TeraStation 1TB checking raid array over and over
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 11:37:26 PM »

What model TS is it? Firmware version?

I believe it can take 8-16 hours to complete that check, has it been longer? If so, have you tried rebooting?

chrisedavis

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 07:47:37 PM »

It's the older 1TB Terastation with firmware 2.16. Yes it does tale many hours to go through the check process. The % complete climbs gradually to 100% and then simply starts all over again. Been doing that now for 3 days. No error messages or error lights - it just starts the raid check all over again.

I can access the data while it is doing that. I've backed up all the data to a USB drive as I expect the Terastation i son it's way out again. This is the second time this unit had failed. Once the raid board failed so I had to take out all the drives and send back to Buffalo and wait for a new chasis. Now a few months later this happens. Seems very unreliable for a backup device.

I sent a message to Buffalo support but had no reply from them.

Message Edited by chrisedavis on 01-12-2009 07:49 PM
Message Edited by chrisedavis on 01-12-2009 07:50 PM
Message Edited by chrisedavis on 01-12-2009 07:51 PM

kevin

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 08:27:21 PM »

I would say try forcing the FW update and see if that fixes anything.

If not, then I would try deleting the RAID Array (Since you say that you have it all backed up) and then rebuilding it.