Author Topic: Reset unresponsive Linkstation Mini (LS-WS)  (Read 7099 times)

slpatters

• Calf
Reset unresponsive Linkstation Mini (LS-WS)
« on: January 02, 2009, 09:53:10 PM »

HELP!

My new (3 day-old) Linkstation Mini (LS-WS) was accidentally unplugged.  After re-plugging in, it is un-responsive.  Now there is a red blinking light and a solid amber light.  The blue light had been blinking, but as I sat here, the blue blinking light stopped.

How do I do fix this?

Mac OS 10.5.6 

Crank5000

• Calf
Re: Reset unresponsive Linkstation Mini (LS-WS)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »

I have a similar problem.  My LS-250GL was accidentally unplugged.  After plugging it back in it is unresponsive.  Launching the Buffalo NAS Client Utility all the IP Address, Subnet Mask, MAC Address, etc fields are all blank.  None of the menu options work- Setup/Change IP Address or Setup/Configuration Settings.  Trying to connect to the NAS generates this error, “Network can not be found. Confirm network cabling and connection.”  I checked the cable and rebooted the NAS, PC and router with no luck

I connected the NAS directly to my PC and tried using the NAS Client Utility with no luck. Trying to connect to it through a browser using the default IP address (192.168.11.150) didn’t work either (connected directly to my PC or through my router).

I pushed the red reset button for 15 seconds to restore the factory defaults and that didn't work either.

Help!?

ScottP

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:56:40 AM »

Try running the firmware updater for this unit (http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/?ls-wsgl_105_000.zip).  Unfortunately, it is a Windows executable so you will need a Windows machine to run it from.

The updater should be able to locate the unit, even if it can't boot up completely, and hopefully apply a fresh operating system onto it from there.  This is a non destructive process and should not have any impact on your data.

If the updater still can't find it, then the unit will need to be sent in for repair/replacement. 

slpatters

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »

I ended up having to send in the device for replacement.  Unfortunately when I received my replacement it was refurbished and doesn't come with the Memeo software license.  I'm supposed to reuse the key I had before... don't have the key.  I realize that the RMA process says I could get refurbished unit.  I put a note in with the defective unit that I wanted a new unit returned.  Of course they ignored me.

Now, I'm stuck without a license.  Had a 3-day old device fail, replacement is a refurbished one, no software license - I won't be buying another Buffalo drive again!

Mondongo

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »
   Has anybody tried booting in emergency mode?:smileysurprised: