Author Topic: Generic torrent interface VS Utorrent interface on WZR-HP-G300NH  (Read 1720 times)

madmachinist

• Calf

The product page for the  WZR-HP-G300NH under the TECHNOLOGY tab says that the WZR-HP-G300NH is supposed to have the Utorrent version of the torrent webUI preinstalled for managing torrents.

There are screenshots for what the Utorrent torrent WebUI is supposed to look like at http://www.buffalotech.com/technology/software/bittorrent-utorrent/ and that does not match what I see on my WZR-HP-G300NH ver. 1.77. I am only able to find the generic buffalo torrent webUI on my WZR-HP-G300NH. 

How to I go about switching the Utorrent version of the torrent web UI?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Generic torrent interface VS Utorrent interface on WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 08:19:05 AM »

It does not say anywhere on that page that the Airstation gets the uTorrent page. This unit has Buffalo's "generic torrent webUI" as you call it. 

madmachinist

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:40:47 PM »

That definitely makes things a little confusing because on the page that lists all the buffalo devices that use the utorrent webGUI (http://www.buffalotech.com/technology/software/bittorrent-utorrent/ the WZR-HP-G300NH is listed. It is under the "Buffalo Wireless products utilizing the BitTorrent and uTorrent technology" section at the bottom of the page. will I be able to use the utorrent webGUI if i switch to a different version of firmware?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »

No, uTorrent is NOT available for the Airstation. It states that "Buffalo Wireless products utilizing the BitTorrent and uTorrent technology". It lists both versions. I do admit that they could have been clearer on the page at specifying which unit used which bittorrent.