Author Topic: IFC - PCIE2U3S2 exclamation point in device manager - drivers not installed  (Read 4052 times)

CrazyRubes

• Calf

I have a IFC - PCIE2U3S2 - the PCI Express USB 3.0 card.  I am running Windows 7 x64.  I get an exclamation point in the device manager for Universal Serial Bus Controller instead of seeing the correct card.  I have loaded the drivers from Buffalo's website - running IFNavi.exe.  I am pretty sure the card is properly powered and seated.  Anyone have any ideas on what to do about the exclamation point?

Looking at the detail view of the device manager says the drivers are not installed.

When I attempted to install the drivers, I got a message that said: The product may not be connected to your computer.  The product is enabled after it is connected.

If it is not connected, why is it showing up at all in Device Manager?  It does feel pretty well seated...

CrazyRubes

• Calf
wrong driver download link?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 07:16:58 PM »

Note: I downloaded the driver ifcpcie2u3_102.zip from Buffalo's website.  If there was a separate version for the S2, I did not see it.  Using the driver from the CD worked fine.  Could the link be pointing to the wrong driver?

Rthomp10

• Calf
Re: IFC - PCIE2U3S2 exclamation point in device manager - drivers not installed
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »

Install the "NEC USB 3 Host Controller" equivelant driver .. it works famously good .. i heard they are the same