Author Topic: IFC-PCIE2U3 and Windows 7  (Read 4815 times)

wolfgenes

• Calf
IFC-PCIE2U3 and Windows 7
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »

I have 2 IFC-PCIE2U3 cards that were working perfectly with Windows XP. Since upgrading to Windows 7, they show up in Device Manager with a yellow triangle and do not work. Any Suggestions?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: IFC-PCIE2U3 and Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:09:50 AM »

You need to reinstall the drivers. 

oridroo

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 08:39:16 AM »

I was having the same problem & re-installed the drives, but now I'm having few troubles with W-7. Why?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 08:43:42 AM »

Please explain further on what issues you are experiencing. 32 or 64bit Win7?

Nomplus

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 11:33:38 PM »

Hello you all,

Actually I have a very similar problem with the same card. I installed on my PC, and everything was ok with Windows XP, but when I migrated to Windows 7 It cannot recognize my 1TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive that is connected to a USB 3.0 port of the card. It sometimes recognizes it and some others don't. The following are the actions I have taken trying to solve this problem but with no success, hopefully someone can help me:

1.- Installed WINDOWS 7 64 bits two times to make sure the installation of the OS is ok.

2.- Installed all of the latest drivers for my Motherboard and devices, including the driver for the IFC-PCIE2U3.

3.- Windows 7 cannot recognize this: Generic USB HUB. This didn't happened when running Windows XP.

4.- Windows 7 tried to find a controller for this device (Generic USB HUB) on the internet but it couldn't find anything, so it still remains unrecognized.

5.- Sometimes Windows 7 recognizes my External Hard Drive connected to one of the ports of the card IFC-PCIE2U3. It shows up on the Computer window with the letter E:. But the problem is: -when I double click on the external drive icon, the window shows all of the folders and files in the drive, which are very few, but when I get into the folders all of them are empty and nothing is shown on the window.

6.- My external hard drive works perfectly on my laptop, which is running Windows XP and have USB 2.0 ports only. Important: of course  my ext. hdd is USB 3.0.

7.- Windows 7 shows good information about the usage of the ext. hdd, it shows: 778GB available of 931GB. which is true. This means that the ext. hdd has my information in it but Windows 7 is not capable to access it.

Description of my system:

Motherboard: Intel DP45SG

RAM: 4GB DDR3 Kingston

HDD: 320GB SATA Western Digital

Ext. HDD: 1TB USB 3.0 Lacie Rikiki

Interface card: IFC-PCIE2U3 BUFFALO

Could anyone of you guys help me with this problem?

Maybe it is a matter of updating the drivers fr the interface card or release a new version of the drivers to fix this problem.

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 03:02:29 PM »

Instead of letting windows find the best drivers, try this driver. 

http://buffalotech.com/support/getfile/IFC-PCIE2U3_100.zip

james85

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 02:11:07 AM »

You should search WINDOWS 7 comatible drivers,then install it.Some drivers support to XP but not Windows 7.

Network Security