Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Storage / Re: DriveStation HD-QH power failure
« Last post by bob@makingitbig.com on March 06, 2024, 05:41:32 PM »
Thank you for your thoughts.  Aren't the DriveStations software RAID?  If so, would that result in a different answer?
Storage / Re: DriveStation HD-QH power failure
« Last post by davo on March 06, 2024, 01:29:25 PM »
Nope, you can't stop disk's between hardware RAID controllers without risking the data.
Storage / DriveStation HD-QH power failure
« Last post by bob@makingitbig.com on March 06, 2024, 09:51:46 AM »
I have a DriveStation HD-QH16TU3R5 device that won't power up.  I've tried a new adapter, with no success. So, I purchased a new cabinet (same model, almost - HD-QL16TU3R5).

My question is, can I take the drives from the old, non-functional, cabinet and place them in the replacement cabinet without damaging the data on the drives? 

I am hoping to get a definitive answer from someone very familiar with these systems.  They don't appear to have much intelligence built into them, so I am hopeful that this will be successful.
I have a WSS ISO that I used to clean the vols/disk with diskpart before install. Then installed the OS on hdd0.  After getting OS installed I then used windows software raid to mirror the OS volume across 2 hdd. Then created a raid5 volume across all of the drives.  I am looking for the tools normally found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\BUFFALO folder that work with the Buffalo hardware/led display etc.
Storage / Re: TeraStation 5420DN use managed or unmanaged switch?
« Last post by JoeAsheville on March 04, 2024, 08:56:01 AM »
I use an unmanaged switch and have had zero problems that are network related. Unmanaged switches are less expensive as well, which is an advantage.
How did you install WSS on the unit? Is it performing as expected, or is it missing expected functionality?

I'm kinda assuming that WSS is installed in a dedicated fashion by using the unit as a PC...but I'm interested in your experience in doing this.
Going to piggy back on this, but in kinda the same situation. No longer have the sd card with the re-install, but installed WSS on the unit.  Looking for an install package for the Buffalo software.
Thanks!
I use a few for backups/etc.

Rather than try to restore the EOL windows server version it came with I install Debian on them:
https://github.com/1000001101000/Debian_on_Intel_Terastations
Work was throwing out an older Terastation WS5400DN, so I nabbed it. Unfortunately it no longer has any drives. Does anyone have a schema for getting the machine back up and running after it's been repopulated with blank drives? I understand it had a USB stick when it was first delivered, but of course that's no longer available...

Strangely enough I'm more familiar with the voodoo required to get one of the TS5400s up and running, but I have no clue where to begin with one that uses Windows Storage Server.
Storage / Re: LS220D - Firmware 1.8 won't accept admin password
« Last post by Zolt on February 27, 2024, 11:41:38 AM »
Ok....so for people having the same issue, it seems I had to reboot the NAS to make it work.
...should have thought about this before going nuts...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10