Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Storage / Re: Buffalo TeraStation TS5400R Hard Drive Capacity Support
« Last post by mjrgroup on April 07, 2024, 04:23:24 PM »
Thanks for posting your experience, Hackmaxxx!

I got the TS51210R 12-bay 3U rackmount unit up and running. It has two DDR3 DIMM slots with only one 8GB module populated, so it was easy to replace with two identical Crucial 8GB ECC modules.

The main CPU has one heatsink, which I repasted, but there are two Aquantia 10GB chips that are non-heatsinked and get quite warm.

I was able to successfully install 12x 14TB drives with no problems and am running RAID 6. The syncing does take a while but not as long as on the TS5400R units.

One note, the unit, even with the latest version version of 5.80 cannot support some of the latest SSL certificates with over 2048-bit encryption. The web interface says accepted but them the UI becomes completely unreachable and unresponsive and you have to flash firmware from the web-based tool to reset everything, even the pin holding the reset button won't fix the SSL issue.  So no more SSL access to the web interface.

The only other problem is, the onboard fans do not spin fast enough and the drives run hot. I wish you could control the fan speed from the settings, because I would totally opt to run them at 100% if possible.
Storage / Re: Mapping shares
« Last post by davo on April 05, 2024, 05:36:31 AM »
You're looking for help and yet you don't even say what NAS you have, let alone the error you're getting?! Okay..
Storage / Mapping shares
« Last post by raydoc on April 04, 2024, 03:11:02 PM »
I moved houses and am setting up my network again. I can see my NAS drives on NASNavi2 but it will not let me map folders. When I go in to admin console, I can see all the folders and nothing has changed. It just refuses to let me see my folders or map them.

Any help is appreciated.
Storage / Re: TS5400
« Last post by davo on April 04, 2024, 03:14:42 AM »
Ideally something that doesn't require open ports, like Cloudflare tunnels.
« Last post by Iamwally on April 03, 2024, 11:44:04 AM »
So what should I be using?  Webaccess?

Thank you,

John
Storage / Re: Two LS220s but can't see share on one
« Last post by soylentgreen on March 23, 2024, 09:14:58 PM »
Interesting. Worth a shot. Thanks.
« Last post by davo on March 23, 2024, 04:15:43 PM »
Don't use FTP over the internet.
Wireless / Re: Buffalo Router Issues
« Last post by davo on March 23, 2024, 04:14:26 PM »
Buffalo haven't sold routers outside of Japan in nearly a decade, so what router did you actually buy? Model number?
Storage / TS5400
« Last post by Iamwally on March 22, 2024, 12:44:10 PM »
Hi guys!  New to this whole TS thing and just purchased a second hand one threw a drive in it and got it going!  Now I am trying to setup ftp so I can trade a few files with some friends that aren’t local but I find it crazy that I can’t seem to set the home folder for when someone logs into ftp.  It just shows the directory of the whole mnt.  Am I missing something?  I didn’t really want to have friends having to navigate to where I want the files put I wanted them to be where they should be as soon as they login.

Thank you,

John
Storage / Re: Two LS220s but can't see share on one
« Last post by lisens2chill on March 22, 2024, 09:53:59 AM »
I had a similar problem, coincidentally about the same time as you, except the drive disappeared completely from the network, and I could not reconnect it.

Let me just get to what worked for me. I turned off the NAS drive, waited until all the indicator lights had stopped, removed the front cover, and then removed each drive one at a time, and then reseated it. I had to restart my computer, but wa la, back like nothing had happened.

Good luck
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10