Author Topic: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) can't connect with LinkStation (LS-WX2.0TL/R1)  (Read 78666 times)

LSWSGLR1_USER

• Calf
Re: Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) can't connect with LinkStation (LS-WX2.0TL/R1)
« Reply #195 on: August 02, 2011, 12:35:51 PM »

Totally agree to post above.  Can we have an update ASAP???

I have an LS-WS1.0TGL/R1 and want to know if I should just sell it and buy something thats supported or if there's a firmware update coming out shortly????

Cheers.

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #196 on: August 02, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »

2020 & LSW USER,

I am sorry that you feel that we have not been upfront enough with our communications.  As I have stated in past posts, we have been working on this issue for quite sometime and unforunately with 22 currently shipping products this does take us time. (This is not an excuse, I am just stating the truth.)  As for your drive I believe in the Time Machine thread that is stickied in the Storage forum I answered with this:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Mac-OS-10-7-Issues-w-Time-Machine-PLEASE-READ/m-p/74622/message-uid/74622/highlight/true#U74622?

Now I know that I don't have a detailed engineering schedule to share with you and I am sorry about that, but this is all of the information that I can share right now.  If you would like to discuss this further, I invite you to give me a call or drop me an email and I will do my best to assist you.

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager

Buffalo Technology

Office 512.349.1333 | Mobile 512.739.7275

11100 Metric Blvd Ste. 750 | Austin, TX 78758

jayp@buffalotech.com

www.buffalotech.com

Follow us, and join the discussion!

facebook.com/buffalotech

twitter.com/buffalotech 

forums.buffalotech.com

gholdener

• Calf
« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2011, 03:05:01 PM »

Can you provide some insight into whether or not a firmware patch will be created for the Linkstation LS-QL model.  Mine is only two years old and I do not want to replace so soon.

Thanks

Gary

big2planker

• Calf
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2011, 05:11:02 PM »

I also need some information ASAP regarding the LS-QL line. Given that I'm now running Lion across machines, I need a migration plan if there isn't going to be a new release. 

I must admit, taking care of NEW products before an existing install base is more than disheartening. Additionally, the simple fact that OSX Lion has been in development for over a year and beta versions have been released to developers for months and nothing was done from a Buffalo perspective will certainly highlight a need for me, should there not be a LS-QL firmware update to look at other manufacturers. 

This is not something that should have been taken lightly. 

big2planker

• Calf
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2011, 06:09:31 PM »

This doesn't sound good at all for the LS-QL line...

http://www.buffalo-asia.com/support/macosxlion/index.html?

breakout

• Calf
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »

Jay, I have read all 20 pages of this thread before wasting anyone's time to ask a question. I use a LS-WX2.0TL? for our business as the primary LAN Server. We don't do backup with Time Machine or anything else like that with it. In fact all my users are PC users except one MAC user who just updated his MAC this week to Lion. So naturally he can NOT access the NAS. Unfortunately he is our primary Graphic Artist so he can't upload artwork so that everyone else in the business can see it and he can't downloaded other documents from the rest of the staff.

I noticed some work-arounds for getting Time Machine to work for some folks, but since I don't really care about Time Machine (which seems to be the prevailing concern in this thread), can you tell me if there is anything else (another work-around) that I can use so the NAS can be shared with this user or if you know if there will be a fix that will take care of this in the near future.

This isn't just personal use, this is significantly impacting the ability of our business to function!!!!!!

Thanks Jay for anything you can tell me.

gholdener

• Calf
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2011, 08:50:35 AM »

Thanks for pointing out this document.  I just want to say to Buffalo Technology that the LS-QL was the second Buffalo Technology storage device I've purchased and if a firmware patch is not offered for this storage device (and very soon) it will be the last product ever that I purchase from Buffalo!

Gary 

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2011, 09:11:36 AM »

Breakout,

You are in luck because in this thread: http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Mac-OS-10-7-Issues-w-Time-Machine-PLEASE-READ/td-p/74162? I have posted the link to the new beta firmware (1.53b) that will update your LS-WXL and allow you to use and 10.7.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager

Buffalo Technology

Office 512.349.1333 | Mobile 512.739.7275

11100 Metric Blvd Ste. 750 | Austin, TX 78758

jayp@buffalotech.com

www.buffalotech.com

Follow us, and join the discussion!

facebook.com/buffalotech

twitter.com/buffalotech 

forums.buffalotech.com

aunland

• Calf
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2011, 09:12:47 AM »

Dear All,

I first posted on 24th of July with no positive reactions from Buffalo so far.

With the given Time Machine issue I will definitely sell my Linkstation Quad LS-QL and join the Synology or Qnap community. Just have a look at their support forum. Looks like the way it should be.

Best regards from Germany,

André

?

metsa

• Calf
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2011, 09:44:10 AM »

Hi,

I have already filed a complain to Buffalo's complaints department at?  helpdeskcare@buffalo-technology.com??.
No answer yet, but addition to http://www.buffalo-asia.com/support/macosxlion/index.html? ? about not supporting LS-QL has  has been appeared in less than 24h ago?
If Buffalo will continue to keep their decision about not supporting  LS_QL series with Lion. I'll file a complain to European Consumer Centre? about Buffalo's support policy. 

Hopefully I do not neet to go that far...

I suggest you'll do the same in European and US.

Best Regards,
Harri

aunland

• Calf
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »

Dear metsa,

Thanks for this information!

My LS-QL is eighteen months old and no longer of any use for me. Buffalo's customer service and support policy is a joke compared to their competitors. If they think that the affected target group is too small to update the firmware of some products they should offer a redemption or a replacement by more recent products.

@Jay Pechek: Any comments on this??

Best regards,

André

metsa

• Calf
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2011, 10:37:47 AM »

Hi aunland

If your LS-QL has been purchased eighteen months ago then it should be covered by Buffalo Technology warranty http://www.buffalo-technology.com/support/warranty?

LS-QL has been left out from  Buffalos sales catlaog just a few months ago. DHCAST128? issue with Lion has been identified way before.

I would say this is quite misleading marketing information...

Best Regards,

Harri

aunland

• Calf
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2011, 02:28:33 PM »

Dear All,

Just to give you an idea what's possible and how a competitor is dealing with this issue - especially for older products < 2007:

"Your feedback is invaluable to us because only by knowing what you think and need can we tailor our customer services to best meet your requirements. That is the simple belief Synology holds.?

As you may already know that the AFP & Time Machine in the latest Mac OS X 10.7 Lion does not support 3rd-party NAS with old version of Netatalk, which means you can no longer use a Synology DiskStation as a backup device for use with Apple's Time Machine, or as a dedicated AFP file server. Fortunately, these issues have already been addressed in our DiskStation Manager (DSM) 3.2 beta which will work with all existing Synology DiskStations released in 2008 or later.

Although Synology DiskStations released in 2007 and before are already out of DSM upgrade service, however we have came to a decision that we will release a special DSM version for Synology x07-series DiskStations, specifically addressing the incompatibility issue with AFP & Time Machine in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. This will ensure our customers continue to enjoy their Synology DiskStations and not being punished by simply upgrading their Mac OS X. It is now scheduled to be available for free download around mid-August. Please stay tuned.

For users who have already encountered these issues, it is suggested to use Samba file transfer service as the temporarily solution."

lsqluser

• Calf
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »

@PRPechek??

jay,

any informaton regarding exactly why the LS-QL model will not be supported?

Diver01

• Calf
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2011, 01:29:24 AM »

Dear  Jay,

i´m using a LS-Q4.0TL/R5 NAS since last year, as I read on different boards on the web, it will be a problem to get a new firmware supporting OS Lion. 

In this case the NAS will become useless to me.

Can you provide any reliable information about this topic?

Kind regards,

Ingo