Author Topic: Printer problem after upgrade to OSX10.7 on Mac with Linkstation LS-CH2.0TL  (Read 1703 times)

stonybonytony

• Calf

I have been printing to a Brother DCP 150-C from my Mac, with the printer plugged into my linkstation. Following upgrade to os 10.7, it no longer works. Previously, when I printed to printer 'lp' I had the option of printing as 'Guest' this option has disappeared and it now asks for an identity. I have tried both Guest and blank password, and user  'admin' and password 'password', and my Mac username and password in these fields, none of which have had any success. 

The job appears in a print queue, but with the printer paused, and when I resume printer it says 'unable to connect to printer'. Driver version is 4.1.0, though as the printer and this driver were working together before I don't think this is the problem. I have upgraded my firmware to 1.56 already, and tried all the obvious rebooting everything and uninstalling/reinstalling the printer.

Everything else seems to be working normally as it was before the upgrade.

dineleeeee

• Calf

I've spent all afternoon battling a non printing nas (linkstation Pro LS-VL), and eventually I found out that it was nothing to do with the printer settings, it was the driver that was installed on my macbook pro (os X 10.6).

It turns out that the Linkstation version of lpq (line printer daemon) which handles printing is rubbish and only works with certain types of postscript files. The OS X driver doesn't send the right type of postscript file, so the job goes to the linkstation and then vanishes.

After hours or searching online and trying every possible setting on the linkstation and my mac (everything except wiping it and starting from factory defaults) I found someone with the same printer, but different hardware print server who was having the same issues: http://www.oasq.com/Canon-iP4300-and-D-Link-DP-301U-print-serve-thread-169252-1-1.html It was suggested that they try the Gimp Print driver for the printer instead of the default OS X driver. I tried it, and it worked!

You can download the Gimp Print driver from: http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Download.php