Author Topic: Link Stations Mirroring each other?  (Read 4748 times)

johnhrschusterr

• Calf
Link Stations Mirroring each other?
« on: January 07, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »

I have one 1TB Link Station dual pro and it is set up for using all 1TB not raid.

Is it possible to install a second Link Station Pro Dual and would mirror the 1st one.

I'd like to put them in different parts of the building on the same network.  This way if we have a fire in one part of the building we would have the other unit.

Thanks 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Link Stations Mirroring each other?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »
   Once you have the linkstations connected on the same network you can setup an auyomatic backup from one to the other.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

johnhrschusterr

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 10:15:32 AM »

Is it a real time back up where as files are added to the prime LS the backup LS get a copy or it is a scheduled one where at a specific time the prime LS gets backed up to the backup LS?

I have a LS Dual Pro 1TB, can I get a 2TB LS Dual Pro for the back up and use Raid on the backup unit?

Thanks. 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:00:47 AM »
   It is not a real time backup, it is a scheduled backup. Regarding your second question, yes yopu can use raid on the second linkstation if you want it as a destination for the first
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

johnhrschusterr

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 10:33:22 AM »
   Thanks... that's a free virtual beer for you  ;-)