Author Topic: Flashing Amber light 1 long and 7 short pulses  (Read 6079 times)

farif2

• Calf
Flashing Amber light 1 long and 7 short pulses
« on: April 05, 2012, 08:00:56 AM »

I have a LS-WX2.0TL/R1 model. It has 2 1TB hard drives originally.. After one faield I bought two 2.5TB drives and it has been a nighmare to get them to work. Initially I could not get them but after reading through the forum I manged to "see" the drives. But I have a strange issue

1) After force update of firmware. I was able to see the NAS in the navigator and it showed Raid0 with no errors. Only the blue light is on. Everything is what it should be.

2) I then went in and deleted the Raid0 and created a Raid1. The process to make and then format it went normal. But allmost immediatly the Navigator showed a amber exclamation mark "I17 checking 1 Raid array". The amber light flashed (one long and 7 short ones and ten repeats).Blue light is solid

I am copying to the drive (it is slower but working) without issues. My question is, what is the amber light telling me. Should I be concerned. again, they are not there when I have Raid0. Its only when I switch to Raid1 it starts flahing.

Any help will be great. I am using 1.57 firmware. During installation I had to force flash other things to get this work.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Flashing Amber light 1 long and 7 short pulses
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:54:15 AM »
It's just checking the status of the array since you created the raid1. This is normal and automated and can take 24 hours. Do not reboot the unit until its completed because if you do the process will start again from the beginning. Also, the more you access the unit during the rebuild the longer I will take.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

farif2

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »

Well.... me and my technical saviness...

So.... I finally had the amber light stop and the system was behaving normally. However when I tried to copy data I heard a lot of dull thudding noise from one drive. Since I just bought the drive, I just went back to store and got a new one. This one didnot make any noise BUT now nothing is working. Below is what I did

1) I replaced one drive with another one (that was drive 2). The drive 1 was the one that was working in the Raid0.

2)When I placed the drive it, it started bulding the raid. I left it alone but after sometime the red light started blinking (rapid 6 times).

3) I thought that this was same as before, so I went ahead and tried to force update firmware. That went as normal but at the last step when it is waiting for reboot, it never happened and it timed out and started blinking again

4) I TFTP and put the drive in EM mode. Did the firmware again. This time it said it went through

5) I logged in to web and tried to make a raid (it was raid 0 and I wanted to do raid 0). It failed and asked me to log in again. I tried multiple things (try to format single drive and make a raid 0) but all failed halfway

6) I redid the fimware update and TFTP maybe twice. In each end the drives would not go to solid blue after reboot but goto red blinking 6 times.

I am at wits end as this should be simple (drives work and there is nothing wrong I can see). It seems whenever I format or erase anything via the web interface it never finished and I get error. When I put into EM mode I never get to a clean procedure DONE. In the middle the drive aborts and goes to red blinking.

Any help? Last time it went through with no issues. How can I check if the NAS itself is not damaged? thanks

farif2

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 09:38:40 AM »

I just redid the same exact thing. This time with some patience. And it worked.... Don't know why, but right now I am copying to the NAS setup as Raid 0. No issues so far.

It failed maybe 4 times, then it just worked.... The only thing I did differently was change the drives between the bays (placed drive 2 in bay 1 and vice versa). I had replugged drives multipe times but his time I just swapped them for no reason.. Anyway, lets see if it finishes backup without issues.

Thanks for the help...

farif2

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 06:53:39 AM »

Everything is working. Thanks for the help