Author Topic: Linkstation LS CHL 1tb crashed, I rebooted now flashing purple and blue?  (Read 6020 times)

cric2k

• Calf

When I browse to the shared folder it seems to be only to be 4.76gb in size now, all my files (about 500gb) and folder structure have disappeared now and the only thing I can see is a new bittorrent folder with nothing in it.

When I browse the UI Disk Management | Disk Check there appears to be no disk present.

I haven't tried Disk Formatting, but I don't really want to at this stage as I will have lost hundreds of gigs of media.

Anyone have any ideas?

Firmware is 1.01

I'm using XP but tested on Vista as well

Message Edited by cric2k on 02-03-2009 01:25 PM

cric2k

• Calf
Re: Linkstation LS CHL 1tb crashed, I rebooted now flashing purple and blue?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 02:54:34 PM »
   I tried to reset it to factory settings and now the red light is flashing 6 times and I can't connect to it on the network at all :womansad:

cric2k

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 06:22:55 AM »

Can anybody help me with this at all? The thing is only a month old and I would prefer not to return it to Buffalo as a brick if I can fix it myself.

I have got the blue light on instead of the 6 red flashing lights by pressing the function button at the front. It shows up on my router as 192.168.11.150 but I am unable to ping it. I've tried connecting my windows xp laptop directly to it (using a standard ethernet cable, not crossover) and setting a static IP of 192.168.11.1 in my network connections, for my windows laptop but still can't ping the 192.168.11.150 so think there is no point try to flash any firmware etc at this stage.

Not really sure where to progress from here as there is little availabe instructions?

smcaudata

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »

I have a blinking blue light as well. I have the exact same device as you with firmware 1.06.  If I put the IP in my browser I get.

Internal Server Error

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at LinkStation-LSGL Port 80

this tells me the device functions, but it doesn't show up with the NAS-2 utility.  I had this going for a day yesterday and I tried to reset it. It was showing up with NAS briefly and the web interface said the device was performing a disk check or format.  The device doesn't know?  But then after about an hour I get this error again. It has been blinking blue for 12 hours again.  I will let it run overnight then I will call Buffalo for a new device.

I am seeing errors like this all over the place. I am thinking that Buffalo has some MAJOR firmware issues right now. 

SilverFoX

• Tatanka
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »

smcaudata wrote:

this tells me the device functions, but it doesn't show up with the NAS-2 utility.  I had this going for a day yesterday and I tried to reset it. It was showing up with NAS briefly and the web interface said the device was performing a disk check or format.  The device doesn't know?  But then after about an hour I get this error again. It has been blinking blue for 12 hours again.  I will let it run overnight then I will call Buffalo for a new device.

I am seeing errors like this all over the place. I am thinking that Buffalo has some MAJOR firmware issues right now. 

hi,

i had the same error after performing a disk erase - things i did are not mentioned but worked:

disconnected the power supply several times, as soon as the device was responding to a ping i connected to it via browser, logged in and performed a disk format....

took me 3-4 tries but was the only option i had instead of returning it....

it could happen that the language is switched to japanese (i think) - if so do the following steps provided by Matt_M:

Try following these steps to change the device back to English:

1. Connect to the web configuration utility by entering the TeraStation's IP address in a web browser.
2. In the column of blue items on the left hand side, select the second link.
(3. Under the first header are two text fields; enter or modify the text in the second.)
(4. Under the third header, the first entry is a radio selection with two options; select the one on the right.)
5. Under the fourth header (with two menu/pulldown boxes beneath it), set both menu boxes to the second entry in the list (the second menu box should say cp437).
6. Click the button, and close and reopen the browser.

regards,

SilverFoX

cric2k

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »

hi,

im not sure how far this has divulged from my original issue but its now been 2 days with little to no support on my catastrophic issue so I think I will now enact the full waranty rather than wait any further on potential solutions to fixing myself.