Author Topic: linkstation live hs-dh320gl connection problems  (Read 2116 times)

pwright

• Calf
linkstation live hs-dh320gl connection problems
« on: February 23, 2009, 03:40:08 AM »

Perhaps someone can help before i start calling tech support.

Currently i have a Sonos music system connected to my linkstation live unit.

This all worked fine until i came home from holiday to find my house electricity had been interrupted and my linkstation had as usual not powered up. I pressed the power on button and walked away only to hear a little time later an internment beeping. The power on light was flashing which i tried two or three times to recover the unit by powering down the unit which eventually worked.

My sonos system however reported it could not connect.

I tried to connect my laptop through the buffalo software which i have used before and i got no joy.

The buffalo software shows the correct ip but the workgroup area says unknown and the firmware is displayed with only four dashes.

If i try and access the unit using the i am here or try to modify anything the password which i had left as standard does not allow access.

I can ping the ip and get replies but all other attempts prove unsuccessful.

i tried deleating and reinstalling the buffalo software on my laptop with still no joy.

No fault LED's are lit but still this unit is playing dumb.

I would appreciate any info as what to do.

Cheers

MatrixUK

• Calf
Re: linkstation live hs-dh320gl connection problems
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:10:03 AM »
   If it's anything like what happened to ours, then it has gone into emergency mode. The 4 dashes indicate it has dumped the firmware. If you contact Buffalo support, they will point you to the correct download to re-install the firmware on your unit. Everything should then be back online. Remember to rename your unit as well.