Author Topic: Cannot write to the USB drive attached to my LinkStation Live LS-CHL?  (Read 2795 times)

Slick

• Calf
   I have the Linkstation Live LS-CHL 1.0 TB (Firmware 1.00), and I have attached my external Maxtor USB drive to it.  The linkstation recognizes the USB drive just fine and I can see all my files on the hard drive. However I cannot write to the USB drive at all.  I am told that access is denied.  Of course I assumed I had put the incorrect restrictions for the USB drive, so I went into the webadmin and checked.  I am sure that I have enabled Read/Write on the drive, and I have taken off all access restrictions to it.  It still tells me that I cannot write to the USB drive.  Why won't it let me write to it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

michiganian

• Calf
Re: Cannot write to the USB drive attached to my LinkStation Live LS-CHL?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 04:20:49 AM »

If your hard drive should use either EXT3 or XFS format in order to write a file. If you are using FAT32 or NTFS, you can only read the files, not writing. Check your hard drive format.

Slick

• Calf
Re: Cannot write to the USB drive attached to my LinkStation Live LS-CHL?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 12:43:04 PM »
   that could very well be the cause. i suspect that it is probably formated as FAT32...i'll check that when i get home though.  your help is much appreciated.  :)
Message Edited by Slick on 02-23-2009 12:44 PM