Author Topic: Unable to delete or disable trashbox - taking up 1/2 TB!!!  (Read 1822 times)

CharlotteGuy

• Calf
Unable to delete or disable trashbox - taking up 1/2 TB!!!
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:11:45 PM »

I have an HS-DHTGL663 Terastation.  I have 3 shares configured (share, Music, Pictures), 2 of which have a "trashbox" folder (share and Pictures).   I've disabled the "recycle bin" option in the browser manager for all shares.  These seem to be taking up tons of space, and now my TS is completely full.  To top it off, I'm unable to delete either at the "trashbox" folder level, or any of the files within the trashbox.

Firmware version is 2.14.

Any suggestions on how to enforce the no trashbox configuration, or at least how to delete the files in the trashbox to free up some space?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Unable to delete or disable trashbox - taking up 1/2 TB!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 01:21:33 PM »

You could try and initialize the unit through the interface. Go to maintenance, initialization and then restore to factory defaults. This will not delete the data. From there try and see if you can disable the recycle bin and then delete it. 

CharlotteGuy

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »

This won't mess with RAID or shares?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:59:37 PM »

No it will not. 

CharlotteGuy

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 03:00:15 PM »

That didn't work, but I tried going into the trashbox folder and deleting the items in small groups or one at a time.  This is working, but I've noticed that the files/folders all look like copies of files/folders from all 3 shares that I've set up.  Can you think of a reason why it would have created all of these copies in a trashbox? 

I'm running weekly backups of each share, and recently had to rebuild the RAID array (had a HD failure).  Could one of these actions contributed?

Thanks.