Products > Storage

LS-WVL806 Cannot Access At All

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ringfinger:
How can I install the firmware if I do not have NAS installed and could never get it running.  Is there a way?

1000001101000:
Check out the post they have pinned to the top of the storage board that covers that:
https://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=30419.0

Ringfinger:
I read that and I do not want to format or erase my disks as they have all the data on them.  That is my concern.

So, maybe I should try to install NAS navigator and install from there?

If not, can it be installed from the firmware installer?  Also, I did not see specific firmware for the LS-WVL806, do I use the LS-WVL/E?

1000001101000:

--- Quote --- if I do not have NAS installed and could never get it running
--- End quote ---

I took this to mean you did not have data on it.

Is this a device that used to work or are you trying to use drives that have data on them form somewhere else?

Ringfinger:
This is my personal NAS at home.  The NAS stopped working last week.  It worked up until late last week.  I had completed a scan last week on both drives with no issues.  They were working fine then on Thursday the NAS stopped working with symptoms I have given. 

Sorry, I meant I tried in the past to install NAS navigator but it never worked for me so I always used the IP address typed into the browser as my interface for settings and whatnot.  Seems however that I don't need it (navigator) to install the firmware installer/updater?  I have a lot of data on these drives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version