Author Topic: LinkStation Pro Duo Rebooting  (Read 1884 times)

Frito121

• Calf
LinkStation Pro Duo Rebooting
« on: August 04, 2009, 02:25:18 PM »

LinkStation Pro

DuoMod: LS-W1.0TGL/R1

Firmware 3.09

1T /2 500gbSet to Raid 1 

The problem started when drive #2 failed. Upon inspection the dive barring had seized and rendered the drive inoperable. My solution was to remove the bad drive and insert a new one. The new drive is the same size, model, speed, and brand as the other one.  After I put the new drive in and started it up it started an unusual sequence.  

On the LS Green power light blinked for 10 seconds

Then link light and green light blink together for 60 seconds

Then the link light shuts off wile power light stays blinking for 10 seconds

Then link light blinks again with amber caution light for 30 seconds

Then amber light turns red At this point I can find the LS via the NASNavi2 and log in to admin cpannel. I only have 60 seconds to make changes the the unit reboots and starts all over again. 

I have tried booting the LS with only a single drive. Once with the old good one and once with the new one. The LS follows the same sequence over and over again. I have reloaded the firmware with both drives attached and again with only single drives with no success.  

I have searched through the forums for anyone with a similar problem but I haven’t found anything yet. I did find the TFTP .

The LS is only 3 months old and I’m not sure how replacement would go. I haven’t talked to support yet but I figured I would exhaust all options before perusing a replacement. I would appreciate any help in the matter. Thanks very much!

Frito121

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Pro Duo Rebooting
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:54:36 PM »

Figured I would call Tech Support. Been on hold for 54min . Not sure what to do about this now. The LS is now just showing a red blinking light. Blinks 6 times then resets.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 05:01:56 PM »

What is the pattern of the yellow/red light flashing?  What were the results of the TFTP?

Understand that disassembly of these units is not supported.  I will do my best to help you but I make no promises

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 05:03:12 PM »

If it is blinking 6 times your only options are the TFTP boot and/or booting it into em mode and doing a force firmware update.

It is wierd that the unit is shutting off, is the fan running?