Author Topic: WHR-HP-G300N drops wireless connections all the time  (Read 2443 times)

jibnamb

• Calf
WHR-HP-G300N drops wireless connections all the time
« on: November 08, 2010, 03:01:56 PM »

I would like to say that buffalo tech stole 50 odd dollars from me, I forget the exact amount because it was in february I think.  The theft occured when I thought I was getting a better replacement for my 2001 linksys befw11s4 v.2 wireless router that has never ever dropped a wireless connection.  The whr-hp-g300n came with a 1.70 pre dwt firmware and it would drop wireless connections after a random about of time no greater then 30 minutes.  I wanted a new router because my dad who is upstairs was getting a weak signal from my linksys.  Reading the reviews on newegg I thought this was a good buy.  But it fails in its intended purpose of getting and keeping my dads laptop connected.  So, I continue to use the linksys route and even discovered months ago that I could move the rabbit ears to give him a slightly better signal.  I knew the buffalo thief routers were suppose to get the dwt firmware but there wasnt one for my thief at the time so I just shelved it.

Today I decide to see if there was a firmware update and there is in whrhpg300n-pro-v24sp2-14998.  Simple update, and when I'm done I set up the wireless and told my dad to let me know if the connection drops because I'm trying out the thief router again, and low and behold around 45 mins later the connection drops and no pages load up unlike the linksys which has always been reliable.  

Well I had the wool pulled over my eyes and was fleeced because of all the b**** positive reviews for this professional thief.  I hope you thieves that stole my money fall into a vat of piss and excrement.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: WHR-HP-G300N drops wireless connections all the time
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:15:16 PM »

I apologize for the troubles that you are having. I have the same router myself at home and I do not experience any of the same problems that you are having. Before you decided to post your... comments, did you try to contact technical support or make a more positive and constructive post to this forum? 

fletchb

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 01:15:32 AM »
Do a search, plenty of of others having same issue. Router is buggy plain and simple because DD-WRT works fine on on old Linksys routers. It appears the router cannot handle WPA2 properly without constant disconnects (look in your logs for word deassociated ) Once I switched from WPA2 to WPA things got better but still had less frequent disconnects. Finally locking down channel did the trick as router was stable for 1 day. Then I saved my settings and switched to stock firmware. Noticed slowdowns and disconnects tonight so will switch down to WPA tomorrow to confirm wpa2 is not really working in either firmware. Router has potential if they can clean up the bugs.... Good luck and post your findings....

rzayas

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 08:51:15 PM »

I bought the WHR-HP-G300N yesterday and right away had this problem (twice!!!). I changed the security settings to WPA2 Personal + AES and got rid of the Auto Channel (picked Channel 8). Rock solid for the last 28 hours.