Product Feature Requests > Feature Requests for TeraStation or LinkStation

TeraStation TS-XLDA9 PHP version

(1/2) > >>

Steve_B:
I'm need to run some PHP code which uses square brackets but the version on the TS-XLDA9 is 5.3.10 which doesn't support [].

Please can we have a firmware update which includes at least version 7 of PHP?

1000001101000:
If you have some linux experience you can replace the firmware with a generic Debian install which would allow you to run modern PHP:
https://github.com/1000001101000/Debian_on_Buffalo

Steve_B:
Yes, I am aware of that project and do have some Linux/UNIX experience, but would prefer OEM firmware if possible.

davo:

--- Quote from: Steve_B on September 16, 2022, 10:16:36 AM ---Yes, I am aware of that project and do have some Linux/UNIX experience, but would prefer OEM firmware if possible.

--- End quote ---

That's not going to happen, the unit was abandoned by Buffalo years ago. There hasn't been a PHP update in close to 10 years or more.

Steve_B:

--- Quote from: davo on September 29, 2022, 09:21:39 AM ---That's not going to happen, the unit was abandoned by Buffalo years ago. There hasn't been a PHP update in close to 10 years or more.

--- End quote ---

Don't know when the last PHP update was but they are still releasing firmware updates for this unit. Last update was 1.76 earlier this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version