Author Topic: cannot connect to internet through wireless router  (Read 3266 times)

lrazzle

• Calf
cannot connect to internet through wireless router
« on: January 09, 2009, 09:37:04 PM »
   I can connect to the internet through ethernet but not my wireless router, it tells me my user and or password are correct but i know that they are because I use almost the same one for everything and I wrote it down besides that when I hit the reset button which should reset to factory settings it will not accept the factory setting user name and password Please help!!

James254

• Calf
Re: cannot connect to internet through wireless router
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »
   Basically you need to make sure you have the wireless settings correct, and that you use an encryption type that is supported by your operating system. I suggest WEP due to it's wide compatibility. Go into wireless config and make sure you have an SSID set. You will find that under basic once you go into wireless config. Also in basic, you may want to set the wireless channel to either 1, 6 or, 11. You could be picking up some wireless interference if you have any cordless phones that are rated at 2.4 GHz. If that does not help, reply with the operating system you are using(windows version), who your internet provider is, and what type of encryption you are using. This is the best advice I can give you with the information you provided.