Author Topic: Wireless G125, laptop won't connect after encription enabled  (Read 3801 times)

Marcus

• Calf
Wireless G125, laptop won't connect after encription enabled
« on: December 19, 2008, 12:31:32 AM »
   I have a Toshiba Satellite A135 running Windows Vista.  Was connected to Wireless G model WHR-G125 as wireless router without any encription.  When I used the Air Navigator Router & Access Point CD on the laptop and in WIRELESS CONFIGURATION configured encription for WPA/WPA2 mixedmode, selected APPLY.  Air station  came up with a red  LED  on  security and the laptop in the CONNECT TO NETWORK window for the router said "The settings saved on this computer do not match the requirments of the network." What do I need to do?    Thanks

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Wireless G125, laptop won't connect after encryption enabled
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 10:46:23 AM »

I would log into the router at 192.168.11.1

in the security tab you can make all of your changes.  Add your TKIP encryption and change the ssid in the basic settings.  Next time your laptop looks for the "new ssid, or network" it will prompt you for you 8 character long (or longer) password. 

tanjl

• El Toro
Re: Wireless G125, laptop won't connect after encription enabled
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 09:54:21 PM »
   Try to delete away your previous router's profiles in your computer wireless connection page and then re-connect to the WHR-G125.