Author Topic: LS220D DLNA with new Samsung TV  (Read 867 times)

tiptonian

• Calf
LS220D DLNA with new Samsung TV
« on: August 30, 2021, 06:25:05 PM »
Hi.

I have an LS220D (2x3TB) with DLNA provided by TwonkyServer Premium 7.1.1-dsd. I am accessing this from a new Samsung SmartTV which has a built in DLNA client.

The TV found the NAS on my network, it can see (most of) the video files stored on the DLNA folders on the NAS and will play those that are compatible. However what it does not do is remember and resume a video from the last watched point. It always starts playing from the beginning again, even if I press Stop and then Play again immediately. My only option is to fast forward through the file to the desired point - not very convenient if I'm two hours in on a 3 hour film. I can put the same file onto a USB drive, plug that into the TV and play from that and the resume point is remembered no problem which perhaps suggests that it is the LS220 that should be remembering the resume point, but is not doing so.

So am I correct in believing that a resume point should be remembered with my set up and if so any ideas on how to make it happen please?

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: LS220D DLNA with new Samsung TV
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 09:18:10 AM »
That sort of function is the responsibility of the player, not the server.

tiptonian

• Calf
Re: LS220D DLNA with new Samsung TV
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 09:35:55 AM »
I now agree that the the problem must lie with the Samsung not-so-smart TV. I've turned on DLNA (Media sharing) on a Windows PC on the network and with that I get the same problem of not remembering the resume point of a part played file. I've also plugged my old Sony TV back in and that does remember the resume point with both Twonky and Windows DLNA servers. So the Samsung TV DLNA client must be the problem.  >:(