Author Topic: Mac user cannot configure timemachine with LS-CHL93C  (Read 4888 times)

marcivana

• Calf
Mac user cannot configure timemachine with LS-CHL93C
« on: January 18, 2009, 04:30:17 AM »

I am strugling since mid december to save may Mac on the linkstation. I contacted the support and followed all what they recommand but at the end, when everything seemed OK I had the message:

"Impossible to create the saveguard disk image" (Impossible de créer l'image disque de sauvegarde) in french. 

Somebody to help me ?

I wonder if the problem comes from what I enter in the TIMEMACHINE inputs:

Target host name 
Target MAC address 

Thanks

Marc 

Almamida

• Calf
Re: Mac user cannot configure timemachine with LS-CHL93C
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:50:19 AM »

Hi,

To configure my Time Machine I did this :

Go to the Web interface and create a share folder Timemachine i.e. (in the options, unselect Windows, Apple, Draft, share... anything)

Go to Time-Machine label, and activate it.

Select the folder you created.

Push valid button.

Then, choose a a Target host name (simple like "marcivana")

Enter the Mac adress of the ethernet connexion of your Mac

Click to create the image (wait for 5 minutes or more if you want to be sure it's well done)

The in your Mac, go to Time machine, and select the Time Machine drive... Enjoy!

If you have any problem contact me in PM, I'm French too, perhaps it will be easier.

marcivana

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:51:15 AM »

Bonjour

It seems that I did exactly what you are saying. I did it so many times.

I will try again, waiting "longer time"....... If it does not work I will contact you again. May be in French ?

Just to make sure of two points:

The target host name can be any name ? Or should it be the computer name ?

The host MAC adress is the ethernet adresss ? Not airport adress or any other ?

In order to make things easier I have the Linkstation connected by ethernet cable to the computer. Is that OK ?

Merci d'avance.

Marc 

Almamida

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »

Re,

The Target Host name can be any name. Choose a simple one to make sure it will be accepted.

The host mac address is the Mac adress of your ethernet port, not the airport or FW.

Connect your Linkstation to your router with an static IP because I don't know if Time Machine can recognize the save image at an other address you created the first image.

You can contact me if you prefer (in french of course ;) )

I had to try several times before it works.

marcivana

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »

Il semble que cela fonctionne. Merci.

Peut être n'attendais je pas assez longtemps la création de l'image cible. 

Lorsque la première sauvegarde sera terminée. cela va prendre quelques minutes / heures (250 go) je verrais:

1. Si les sauvegardes suivantes se déclenchent bien et fonctionne et bien. Et i l'accès à la sauvegarde fonctionne également bien. 

2. J'essaierai ensuite de brancher la station au routeur et de fonctionner en wifi.

Merci encore

Marc