Author Topic: Hard Drive Removed during operation.  (Read 1026 times)

robertskillern

• Calf
Hard Drive Removed during operation.
« on: February 27, 2011, 07:50:14 AM »

I have a TS-X2.0TL/R5 2TB terastation. 4xHD's firm ware version 1.32. During Operation someone had removed HD 4 during a cleaning process in which they didn’t shut off the share like they should of. I have done everything the TM states to do in case something like this happens and so far everything has failed. I was reading about Raid 0 mode which is what my terastation is in. That if one of the hard drives fails the information is not recoverable. Which is fine I can deal with that. The only thing is how do I pull the rest of the information off the other 3 good hard drives? Without the 4th I know it will not work right due to the type of raid it is in. So will I just have to reformat the entire thing or is there something I haven’t done yet? All the help is appreciated

V/R

SGT Skillern, Robert

Night3

• Calf
Re: Hard Drive Removed during operation.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 08:07:41 AM »

With Raid 0 the four drives are seen and act as if they are one complete drive. Unfortunately this means that the entire integrity of your data has be degraded. The only way to possibly recover you data from this status would be through data recovery. Otherwise you will have to go through the process of reformatting the raid and start anew.