Author Topic: Complete Backup  (Read 1031 times)

bknonix

• Calf
Complete Backup
« on: October 05, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »

Does anybody have a neat solution for how to backup a complete Terastation to a USB drive?

I have about 20 shared folders (access restrictions drive this) and I want to backup the whole thing.   The backup jobs require me to add each shared folder individually.    This is not bad, but if I add a new share, I have to remember to update the backup job.

What I would like to do is create a "folder" and then create shares within the folder, then I can backup the complete "folder'.

Any ideas?

Bruce.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Complete Backup
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 06:56:35 AM »

"What I would like to do is create a "folder" and then create shares within the folder, then I can backup the complete "folder'."

You can create sub folders, just not through the web interface.  Try going into your run command and type in "\\IP".  This will bring up your shares, just open one and create a new folder within them.  Unfortunately you cannot set any restrictions or map sub folders however.

I would just create a sub folder for every share you have, then move the documents accordingly, do the backup and if you want you can put them back into shares after the backup