Author Topic: Problem after replaced all hard disk drives on HS-D1.0TGL/R5  (Read 3614 times)

Hidenori

• Calf

I replaced all four hard disk drives on HS-D1.0TGL/R5 with Western Digital WD5000AAKB 500GB 7200 RPM. After this work, I am not able to open the TeraStation Management Utility to configure the TeraStation Home Server. The Power, Link/Act, and four Status/Full LEDs on the front panel of the server has all solid green light on. The TeraStation Client Utlity detects the server with the following information:

Host Name: HS-DTGL-EM
Workgroup:
IP Address: 192.168.1.101
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Firmware: ------
There is no HDD information displayed on the Client Utlity.

However, when I select the Setup | Browser Management menu in the Client Utlity, Internet Explorer is launched, and then it tells the requested page cannot be displayed.

I downloaded and installed the firmware update 2.03, but it did not solve the problem. I received the following messages while installing the update:

"Update flash area only"
"Start update from restoration mode"
"Firmware has been renewed"

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue is? Is there any solution?

Thank you.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Problem after replaced all hard disk drives on HS-D1.0TGL/R5
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 06:20:16 AM »
You replaced all 4 HDDs simultaneously? Then you would need to perform a TFTP boot procedure to first restore the boot partition of the NAS on the HDDs and then a firmware update. Hope this helps :)

Hidenori

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »
   Thank you for your response. Do you know which TFTP boot file should be used for TeraStation Home Server, HS-D1.0TGL/R5? There seems no filenames matching HS-D1.0TGL/R5. "TFTP Boot Recovery HS-DHGL 2.10.exe" or "TFTP Boot Recovery HS-DHTGL-R5 2.13.exe" will work?
Message Edited by Hidenori on 06-22-2009 11:56 AM

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 12:23:15 PM »
The Terastation Home Server is an older model and there is no TFTP boot for this unit.  Sorry about the confusion.

Hidenori

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 11:35:52 PM »
   OK, so how can I fix my problem?

michiganian

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 11:42:13 PM »

Do you still have old hard drives? If so, you should install 3 old hard drives and 1 new hard drive then resync them. Just 1 new hard drive at a time, you may restore system and increase capacity.

What you are trying to do is not supported by Buffalo. You should google about this topic. There should be more useful information.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 06:02:27 AM »
Ah yes my apologies I misread the model number and got that garbled in my head. There in fact isn't a TFTP option for the Home Server model and michiganian is correct in this case. Good call *thumbs up*