Author Topic: Desperate for help,Please with Buffalo external hard drive/drive station uk  (Read 4187 times)

brenda67

• Calf

Hi all ,Please is there anyone who can help me asap?

I have Buffalo external usb hard drive/drive station  HD-CX1 0TU2-EU

Had it for about 15mnths no problems but my son went to get his university work last night & it wont load to comp?

Ive tried changing leads,

Ive tried 2 different comps but nothing.

re-installed drivers

When I plug it in the light flashes green,when I go to comp devices it now says cd [E] before i think it said HD-CX but when I click & say view files it doesnt do anything,just the green light flashing.

But it did untill yesterday also display the memory quantity & how much left now also nothing being displayed.

PLEASE can you help as i said my son uses it to "protect/back up" ALL his uni work & its now only on my buffalo,so im desperate for advice.

Thank you in advance for any advice,much appreciated

Jotin

• Big Bull

Are you able to detect the hard drive in disk management? 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Yeah what about disk management?
FYI: if you keep all your data on one device then it is not a backup and quite frankly pretty ridiculous especially something as important as university work!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

brenda67

• Calf

Thank you for your help.

I've plugged it in to check & no hard drive is showing  in disk management.

Is there any hope of retreiving items on there?

Ironic that I bought this to back up my photos/paperwork & now basicly what I should have done was bought a back up EHD for my back up EHD :womansad:

Jotin

• Big Bull

You said no disk was found? Not even your internal disk? Are you sure you went to the right spot? Click start, right click on computer and choose manage. Go to disk management in the new window and see if you can see a hard drive around the same size as the drive in question. 

brenda67

• Calf

Hi Jotin,duhh I was obviously having a blonde moment as I was looking in wrong place .

YES it's there,is that good news?

What should I do?

brenda67

• Calf

YES it's there,is that good news?

What should I do?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Well its better than it not appearing, use recovery software like "partition find and mount" or "norton ghost" to recover the data from the fault partition.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

brenda67

• Calf

Thanks for the advice davo but have no idea what you mean by "recover the data from the fault partition" could you explain please?

brenda67

• Calf

can anyone offer any help,please????????????????????

Jotin

• Big Bull

If you do see it here does it appear with a blue bar or a black bar? Either way right click on the blue or black bar and tell me what options you have.

brenda67

• Calf

">

I have took a print screen of what it shows...sorry im not much help to resolve this im not over familiar with the internal working of the computer but I do REALY appreciate all your assistance.

brenda67

• Calf

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk39/bridportchick/Pictures.jpg

Sorry cant even figure out how to add the image properly!!

Jotin

• Big Bull

Ok, thats good that it shows up there. But you actually want to click on the left where it says disk management. Take a screenshot of that so we can see what it looks like it there.

brenda67

• Calf

Sorry for my delay in replying,family emergency other than this one..

ok  I've print  screened again hopefully correct info this time.

If i plug in the HD & then open up disk management nothing happens just stays white.

BUT

If I open disk management then plug HD then info shows up ie top screenshot.

If I click to disconnect usb device it wont so have to just take out the usb connection then I get the info that appears in the bottom of my screenshot.

Again sorry cant get my head around how to upload pix here so again link to photobucket.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk39/bridportchick/Pictures-1.jpg

I also right clicked the black box & checked properties it said the Buffalo HD was all working correctly but I printscreened everything just in case it would help you.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk39/bridportchick/Pictures-1-1.jpg

THANKS for trying to help me,its much appreciated.