Author Topic: Problems with AVG internet security firewall  (Read 2028 times)

crazy4ker

• Calf
Problems with AVG internet security firewall
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:20:28 PM »

Hi

I´ve taken my LS-CHL1.0TL around to my brothers house in an attempt to share some files. So I´ve connected the Linkstation directly via an ethernet cable (I normally have it plugged into my router, but I´ve tried connecting it directly into my laptop and there´s never been any problems).

Anyway, the problem is that I can only view the Linkstation when I have the firewall in AVG internet security turned off. Has anyone configered the (AVG) settings so that they can use it without any problem?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
Re: Problems with AVG internet security firewall
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 02:53:11 PM »
When you say you can't view it do you mean your shares, through the NASNAVI and/or through the web interface?

crazy4ker

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 11:04:23 AM »
   I can´t see the drive through NASNavi and i get the "network path was not found" message. The drive is next to my brothers pc, so i´m not trying to connect via the internet. Anyway, the problem is getting around the firewall - ie if thery firewall is turned off everything is ok.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 02:43:14 PM »
You can see if there is an option in AVG to allow linkstation communication but you would have to check with AVG about this.