Author Topic: Windows XP, remembering Mapped Network Drive Password.  (Read 3051 times)

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
Windows XP, remembering Mapped Network Drive Password.
« on: January 11, 2010, 05:11:28 PM »

I just got an HP mini running windows xp and after setting it up I was able to map the necessary network drives for her using her username and password that I created in the Linkstation Live setup but her computer will not remember the password and sign her on automatically every time it reboots? Is there a way around this? There is no little check mark avaialable like in Windows Vista that allows it to remember her signon information. Any ideas?

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Windows XP, remembering Mapped Network Drive Password.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 07:37:43 PM »

Have you tried it on another PC with the same OS?  What service pack do you have for XP?  Ive seen this on Windows 2003 where it would keep the credential either.

DumbTechDude

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 09:22:36 PM »

It wouldn't keep the credentials because you need to setup the HP Mini to sign in with the user account as was setup on the Linkstation Live on XP itself.  Access XP's user account and create a username for her with the password and then on the LS Live create the same username and password and assign drive priviledges for her.  After the user account is created, map the drive and enable save log-in.  When she restarts her HP Mini, an XP log in screen will be presented.  Select the username and then enter the password and when the machine finishes booting up to the desktop, those mapped drives will be available just like a regular drive.

Hope this helps.

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 12:30:10 AM »

DumbTech/Josh, thanks for your replies. The solution Dumb had worked perfect. Thanks