Author Topic: I Beg, Please Help, Need Firmware Ver 1.03 or better for HD-H1.0TGL or HD-2.0TGL  (Read 1977 times)

twebbjr

• Calf
Hi Everyone,

***I am not sure if I posted this in the right board, if it's in the wrong board, please let me know where I should be posting, so I am posting to the right experts***

Short Story - I tried to update my firmware on a brand new (Vintage), HD-D1.0TGL/R5 TerraStation, it got wiped out by trying to possibly upload the wrong firmware and I don't have the right firmware (Ver 1.03 or better) to re-upload

Does anyone still have an old 1.03 firmware for the HD-H1.0TGL/R5 TerraStation?
I need version 1.03 and or better.

Details:

I still have many of these old TeraStations still running continuously after about 17 years, with sleep mode disabled and only have had to replace 1 - 2 drives total, out of all my TerraStations.

These were brand-new units, we purchased many of these TeraStations around 2005?, 2 of these were backup spares that were never needed, but were briefly powered up after delivery, about 17 years ago, but were DOA.
On power up, the unit was playing a very interesting repeatable audible alarm, which only repeats 3 times and stops, after you push the power button on.

We put them on the shelf and figured we would look into the issues later, Well, I just found these still sitting on the shelf, I pulled them out of the boxes and determined it was a hard drive making the noise, not a speaker on one unit. Hmm, it only took 17 years to figure this out, lol. So, here I am 17 years later and wanted to see if I could get this unit up and running, since it has never ever  setup yet and never went past the DOA at initial power up, this should have been a factory return, since it was DOA, my fault that I forgot about it.

I purchased a new identical hard drive, and it has recognized the drive without error now, but when I tried to upgrade the firmware, the workgroup box was empty and there is no firmware installed or displayed in TerraStation Client Utility Application (version 1.31)
The firmware, I have been trying to install, keeps erroring out and will not update.  So I just get 4 green status lights, power light and internet briefly blue then off.

I also have a second unit (2tb) TerraStation that has also never been used and when I power it up using the same ethernet cable as above, it will not find the network ever, the Link/Act light is off, not Blue as usual.

Does anyone know anything I can do, I just need the flash the board with a fresh firmware and 1.03 seems to be working on the other TerraStations, but if there is a newer proven to be reliable version and has more features, I am willing to try anything.

Thanks in Advance, this is kind of urgent, I've been goofing around with these 2 machines for several weeks now and I really need to get these back up and running soon.

If anyone can help, please contact me, Buffalo seems to have deleted the old firmware as far as I can tell, but someone has this firmware somewhere in there archives, so please look and see if you have any old firmware files from Buffalo, still downloaded on your old computer, NAS, disc or old thumb drive?

Does anyone know if I can download or extract the firmware from another working unit?

I am desperate.

Also (these have HDD, but has anyone been able to install SSD's in these old TerraStations and have the drives recognized?
That would be cool if I could get it to work, it might reduce the heat given off and lower power usage. but I think there is an I/O line that does not get recognized by my IDE to SATA adapter or the TerraStation firmware is too old to recognize the SATA or SSD drive? Can anyone confirm my suspicions?

Please look for the HD-H1.0TGL/R5 and/or HD-H2.0TGL/R5 TerraStation firmware version 1.03 and or newer if it is stable.

Thanks,
Tim
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 09:25:31 PM by twebbjr »

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup