Author Topic: Different access inside one (share) disc?  (Read 1234 times)

TommySt

• Calf
Different access inside one (share) disc?
« on: April 10, 2016, 04:53:23 AM »
Something has made that I no longer can see/reach some of my NAS stored files, in the Finder (iMac).
For me this is very strange because itīs the same disc that we are talking about, the one (default) called share.
All of my stored files (photos, videos, etc) except the ones in one folder (named to Documents by me, including Pages/Word-documents and so on) I can see there.

When I use Buffalo Webacces software I can see them all, so they are still there! If... Iīm logged in as admin. If I use my personal account there, I can see the Documents folder and all other files but the ones included in the Documents folder. Same situation as in Finder then.

I figure that itīs all about access settings but I canīt find how to solve it. Everywhere in the Webaccess settings (Buffalo) you put user/group access on disc level. Here it means on the whole share disc.

Since before Iīve created one folder for me and one for my wife on the NAS (using Buffalo tools). In Finder now I can see my own folder as a disc, in the same way as share.
It seems that one possibilty is to use a workaround; use the possibility to see everything in the Documents folder when Iīm logged in as admin on the website - and then click copy to my personal folder/"disc" on the NAS. Then erase the whole folder on the share disc.
But this wonīt make me totally safe, for the future - I want to know whatīs wrong with my present setup, how can this happen?