Author Topic: DD-WRT firmware for Indian WZR-HP-G300NH  (Read 2215 times)

rahuljawale

• Calf
DD-WRT firmware for Indian WZR-HP-G300NH
« on: April 08, 2011, 06:33:25 PM »
I was wondering why DD-WRT firmware is not available on Buffalo India support website. It's distributed to most of the countries but not to Indian users. :( My prime motive of buying Buffalo unit (WZR-HP-G300NH) was to use DD-WRT officially without voiding warranty on my home routers. Can someone from Support help here? Thanks, Rahul

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: DD-WRT firmware for Indian WZR-HP-G300NH
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »

you probably wont get much help here since these forums are for US consumers. Have you tried contacting Indian support directly?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 02:15:49 AM »

As far as i know, there is no indian translation with dd-wrt, thus probably why its not available there.

rahuljawale

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 01:25:17 AM »

@Davo : Thanks. Will try that. Problem is there is no community forum for Indian consumers.

@Buddee : Thanks for your reply. However we use U.S. English for all purposes. There wont be a need for Indian translations. :manhappy:

I suppose they just need to upload the latest dd-wrt build to Indian FTP servers. :)

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 08:12:05 PM »

Hmm if that is the case then you could just use the dd-wrt ftp server to get builds, i use the community dd-wrt build myself.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2

Should find the latest builds in 2011 folder, i use 16214, seems to be working fine for me.

rahuljawale

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 11:06:40 PM »

@Buddee, many thanks!

I am using this build for close to 24 hrs and my router seems to be doing good. I did not experience any wireless connection drops neither do I see any drop in Gigabit switch performance. Yeah, I use gigabit switch to maintain backups. :)

-Rahul

buddee

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 07:50:48 PM »

You are welcome, Also wanted to let you know, the reason i use 16214 and not the later 2 other builds is because i test builds for dd-wrt, and the 2 later builds 16454 and 16754 have some issues regarding pppoe and few other things, so for now, 16214 is the most stable build i have tested, they just merged a newer kernel since 16454, so still some kinks to work out, but i am sure it will be fixed soon.

Best Regards.