Author Topic: Static IP available on WZR-HP-G300NH?  (Read 2904 times)

money167

• Calf
Static IP available on WZR-HP-G300NH?
« on: October 06, 2010, 12:48:11 AM »

Hi guys, I'm planning to purchse the WZR-HP-G300NH and curious to know if there is a static IP assign features. I have had 2 routers before, the Linksys doesn't has option to do so but the Netgear does. I was able to set it up so the computer would pick up their IP upon bootup. Which save me time setting up static IP individually on each computer and also made it port-forwarding-friendly.

I'm so looking forward to the WZR-HP-G300NH! Please let me know how you guys like it! Thank you!

sethz

• El Toro
Re: Static IP available on WZR-HP-G300NH?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:39:01 AM »

Do you mean a static IP assignment for the WAN port? If so then yes, you can assignt he static WAN IP in the web interface under teh Internet/LAN tab.

aertonda

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 01:08:56 PM »

I can't find it where exactly I should enter the static IP along with DNS and gateway. Could you post a screenshot, because I really need to set it up? I used to have dhcp ip and it worked, but now I moved to a static IP and need to host my own server and I can't find it where exactly to put their static IP along with DNS information. Please send a screenshot.

Thanks.

Dan

money167

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 01:15:45 PM »

oh totally! Dan, we are on the same boat. We are moving our office at the end of the month, we plan to use this new router and need to make sure it does static local IP. Thanks to any respond in advance!

aertonda

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »

Well, what can I say, it takes an IT genius nowadays to do even simple things.

I found a way. Apparently there is a switch on the back of the router that has on off and auto above usb socket. And set it to ON and you can set the IP address in that screen they mentioned. Open sesame :-) What can I say. I am just glad it works.

money167

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 08:45:28 AM »

that is the best news of the year for me LOL!