Author Topic: I need your advice on a NAS/DAS for my xbox…  (Read 3094 times)

brijmin

• Calf
I need your advice on a NAS/DAS for my xbox…
« on: February 28, 2009, 10:49:38 AM »

So I am looking for a Network Attached Storage device to use with my xbox. The 2 I have so far considered is the DROBO and the Buffalo TeraStation Live. The plan is to have the device with next to my xbox in the entertainment center in the living room. I have to consider the temperature and noise of the device. The drobo has the advantage of being a Directly Attached Storage and can be a true NAS with the DroBo Share add-on. Without this add-on I can connect the Drobo via the USB port to the xbox and play my media like an external hard drive.

The Buffalo TeraStation has the advantage of being a media center and can share my media to all the other devices in my house. It also have a built-in USB print server. The Drobo has the avantage of using different sized drives and it not locked in the RAID of all one side and like drives. You can plug ant SATA drive in and it will build the RAID. this makes it easy to expand and replace drives.

For cost comparison the buffalo is the clear winner, but I am not looking for the cheapest solution. The 4TB Buffalo NAS cost about $730.00 and the 4TB DroBo is $999.00

If you have a solution that you are currently using I welcome your input, but so far the buffalo is winning.

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: I need your advice on a NAS/DAS for my xbox…
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 03:07:34 PM »
The xbox and xbox 360 to my knowledge is not DLNA compliant, so it will not necessarily work with the Terastation.