Author Topic: LS Live +BTorrent Playlists?  (Read 4832 times)

The-Mailman

• Calf
LS Live +BTorrent Playlists?
« on: December 13, 2008, 08:48:04 AM »

I wnat to use the Media Server to feed a Roku Soundbridge. I can see the songs but cannot get it to find any playlists.

Is it possible to store playlists on the LS so that other devices can use them?

cannot see  them in Vista or using the Twonky management on port 9050.

thanks in advance

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: LS Live +BTorrent Playlists?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 10:54:59 AM »
What verion of the live do you have and what firmware are you running?

The-Mailman

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 02:18:36 PM »

Its a LS-CH1.0TL running f/w 1.02 UK

Hope you can assist

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 08:47:35 AM »
I am looking into this, there are several differences on the US firmware VS the UK.  I will let you know as soon as I find out.
Message Edited by Paul on 12-15-2008 08:48 AM

The-Mailman

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 09:07:57 AM »

Hope you can find an answer to this as I have a large collection of music - hence the 1tb linkstation.

Its easier to play a playlist than create one on the fly

Thanks

80s_Fan

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 04:28:50 PM »

The-Mailman:

I'm an NAS newbie so bear with me here a bit.

I'm doing something similar and *might* have a tip for you, if you have a set-up similar to mine. By chance, did you move your files in iTunes using the iTunes consolidate tool? I did and successfully moved all my files to the NAS but could not see the playlists either. After doing this, I found out that the various iTunes files that tell iTunes where the files are were still on my C drive and that iTunes does not actually move those files when  you do the consolidate thing. And that you have to move them yourself.

I am setting up a similar device (but not a Roku). Here is the advise I was given to move the iTunes files:

If you wish to store the library files permananetly on the NAS (and thus eliminate the need to copy the .xml file every time you make a new playlist), you should do the following:

1) Copy both the 'iTunes library.itl' and 'iTunes library.xml' files from the default directory to the share on the NAS

2) Start iTunes by holding down the Shift key and clicking the iTunes icon (make sure you keep holding down the Shift key).

3) You will be prompted to Choose a New iTunes library. Browse to and select the library file that you copied onto the NAS.

Your library, including playlists, will now be updated on the NAS, and will be shared with the device after a reindex.

That worked for me, only now I actually have the playlists showing twice and haven't sucessfully excised one of each. But I figure twice is better then none!

Anyway, this is probably only helpful if you're moving files from your C drive to your NAS using iTunes. Good luck!