Author Topic: HD - CELU2 Not able to Copy files from desktop to External Drive, Error Cannot Copy file or Folder.  (Read 2339 times)

tossurboss2002

• Calf

Hello, I just got this 1.5TB bufflo flexnet 2 weeks agao, I am not a networking geek. I know that i have connect the bufflow drive station and desktop to same network. When i enter the Ip address from desktop i am able access the external hard drive, but when i copy files of max 750MB to the external bufflo drive i am getting an error saying "Cannot copy file or folder".

Can some one help me please, this is just basic copy from desktop to external hd via NAS.

Thanks in advance

PCPiranha

• Big Bull

The flexnet cannot handle transfers that big because of its filesystem.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

PCPiranha wrote:

The flexnet cannot handle transfers that big because of its filesystem.

Its only 750MB he is transfering. FAT32 has a limitation of 3 - 4 GB. Or is there something i am missing?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

DumbTechDude

• Tatanka

Hmm, that's odd because I also recently purchased a Flexnet 1TB and have had no problems transferring files up to 3.9Gb per file (due to FAT 32 limitation) of movies, music and backup.  Like Davo, I thought the limitation for FAT 32 is 4Gb per file size or is it not for this Flexnet?!?  The transfer is slow though even on a 100mbit LAN.  This is not Gigabit like the Livestation models.  Perhaps you had the sleep function set too low?!?  750Mb over what LAN can take more than a few minutes, sometimes an hour.  The sleep timeout function works up to 60 mins.  Disable sleep (under eco management) and try again

Upgrade your firmware also to 1.4.7.  I had found with my older 1.4 firmware that occasionally during file transfer, the drive itself will go crazy into a continuous loop and the blue drive light flickers like crazy.  I thought at first someone broke into our firewall and is accessing the drive.  When the blue drive light is flickering like crazy, the transfer will stop, but accessing the web service is fine.  Since upgrading to 1.4.7, it hasn't done this.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull

Sorry, yes you guys are correct, I thought he said GB, I blame it on being up and on the forums until 6 am.

Toss, how much data is stored on the unit?  Can you access that data without a problem?

tossurboss2002

• Calf

Max data i have would be 7 GB data on the drive station. The Maximum file size i will transfer is about 1.5 GB per file. I am able to access the Drivestation from my desktop and i can see all the shares and files i have created, I can easily move files from drivestation to my desktop. The Drivestation works fine when i restart my desktop and drivestation and access-transferfile - everything works well. immediately when i transfer another file it is not allowing me to transfer i get an error cannot copy file, file format not supported. I have to wait for some time, restart both desktop and drivestation when i copy it will copaying fine..