Author Topic: LS420D Active Directory issue with Windows Server 2012 update: KB4467701  (Read 1336 times)

cdmorin

• Calf
My LS420D started acting up the last two weeks where it would allow Active Directory users and groups access a shared folder for a while and then quit.  The NAS was accessible via web page, but would not show the Active Directory users and groups.  A reboot got it all working again for a short while and then it would quit sharing again.  I realized the only thing I had updated recently was a security update from the Active Directory, Windows 2012 Server on November 18th.  After numerous tries at resetting the Active Directory on the NAS with it working for a while and then failing after minutes or an hour or so, I decided to roll back the Windows Server 2012 updates to see if that solved the problem.  Turns out, after uninstalling KB4467701, the NAS is working flawlessly again for several days.  I don't know what is in the Microsoft security update, but it broke my Active Directory NAS access, so I have removed it for the time being.  Would be nice if Buffalo could track down what about that update is causing problems.

cdmorin

• Calf
Re: LS420D Active Directory issue with Windows Server 2012 update: KB4467701
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 08:50:12 PM »
Microsoft security update KB4483187 causes the same problem.  Probably a security roll-up that had KB4467701 included in it.