Author Topic: reset password of HS-DHTGL/R5  (Read 4818 times)

memo73

• Calf
reset password of HS-DHTGL/R5
« on: March 22, 2009, 05:28:21 AM »

I have buffalo tera station HS-DH 1.0 TGL/R5 but I forgot the password of the admin user, Some I'm unable to upgrade the firmware or configure the station.

Kindly advice the procedure for reseting the password of HS-DHTGL/R5

Thanks

kevin

• El Toro
Re: reset password of HS-DHTGL/R5
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:03:57 PM »

The back of the unit has a Reset button (little red button in the top right hand corner). Press and hold for about 5-10 seconds.

If this does not reset the PWD then you may have told the unit to not reset the Admin PWD when being reset, this would be done for security reasons.

bryangrant4

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »

HS-DHTGL does not have a little red button on the back in the upper right hand corner. 

I was told to reinitialize the device to correct a small problem related to pCast. So I took out my gun and blew away all the settings, and was setting about reconfiguring the device.

I reset the IP address to a static IP on the LAN, reboot, and then the admin password was no longer compatible and would no longer allow me to login using the very same password I had just used and two prior logout cycles.

I can no longer access the NAS to set it up, nor can I now retreive any of my files.

I am pretty frustrated. Once I get my files off of this device, I am going to donate it to someone who I wish to exact revenge upon. I certainly would not want to sell it, since the buyer would seek me out and egg my house!

That is how poorly designed this system is.

bryangrant4

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 06:35:16 PM »

Update: I logged in with

username admin 

password: password

Previously, I was manually typing

username admin 

password: admin

and it logged in.

This makes no sense whatsoever.